bottomrail

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I want to use my HDTV as a second computer monitor and I need to know which video card to buy. My computer does not have a HDMI or a DVI port and the only VGA port I have is being used by my computer monitor. I could not find any combination of adapters/connectors to solve this problem. My motherboard is from Micro-Star International, system model: MS 7529, Direct X Version: Direct X II. MS-7529-050MSI Intel G31, M3L motherboard, Memory: 1014 MB RAM.

locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012
The GT 600 series is a great choice. The GT 630 can be found for under $80, and choosing the one you like is ultimately up to you. I recommend you stay with big companies however, like ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and EVGA.

EDIT: Remember that all PCIe 16x cards are backwards compatible. So this PCIe 3.0 card will work fine in you PCIe 1.0 slot.

bottomrail

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I think I messed up by trying to cut financial corners. I tried to compromise by buying 4GB of memory and buying a low cost graphics card. I purchased 4GB of memory from Crucial.com and then purchased a msi N210 graphics card with 1GB DDR3, DirectX 10.1, HDMI Output from walmart. I followed all the directions for installing the 4GB memory and the graphics card. However when I attempted to power up my computer my moniter would not come on, but I was able to get my computer desktop on my HDTV. I was so concerned as to "why" I could not get my computer moniter to act right that I did not even think about running setup with my computer and using my HDTV as the moniter. Since then I have taken the graphics card out and put it back in the box and put it on the shelf for now. When I learn more about graphics cards, and have the money, I will attempt once again to get this thing done correct. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and help it was really appreciated.