Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

USB Ports

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Mice
  • USB
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 21, 2004 6:21:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which turned out to be my
mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the computer to
reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I removed my scanner
and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP without mouse, at lest
good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards, Pat Miller

More about : usb ports

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 22, 2004 8:37:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Press winkey+Pause/Break, System properties will pop up.
From there, get to Hardware tab and to dev. manager.

Good luck
--PA

"Pat Miller" <tuazz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:o v0xha9VEHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which turned out to be my
> mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the computer to
> reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
> There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I removed my scanner
> and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
> Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP without mouse, at lest
> good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards, Pat Miller
>
>
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 22, 2004 8:37:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Thanks Pavel worked like a charm - appreciate your prompt response.
Pat aMiller

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> wrote in message
news:o dCoM3FWEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Press winkey+Pause/Break, System properties will pop up.
> From there, get to Hardware tab and to dev. manager.
>
> Good luck
> --PA
>
> "Pat Miller" <tuazz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:o v0xha9VEHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which turned out to be
my
> > mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the computer to
> > reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
> > There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I removed my
scanner
> > and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
> > Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP without mouse, at
lest
> > good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards, Pat Miller
> >
> >
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 22, 2004 9:22:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

"Pat Miller" <tuazz@earthlink.net> schrieb:

>I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which turned out to be my
>mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the computer to
>reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
>There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I removed my scanner
>and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
>Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP without mouse, at lest
>good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards, Pat Miller

search google for [windows shortcuts] and you'll find a lot of useful
entries.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 23, 2004 4:45:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Get a serial/PS2 mouse and install that until you can
turn the USB mouse on.


>-----Original Message-----
>I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which
turned out to be my
>mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the
computer to
>reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
>There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I
removed my scanner
>and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
>Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP
without mouse, at lest
>good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards,
Pat Miller
>
>
>.
>
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 24, 2004 8:15:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

you're welcome
--PA

"Pat Miller" <tuazz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:o sNm8iIWEHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Pavel worked like a charm - appreciate your prompt response.
> Pat aMiller
>
> "Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> wrote in message
> news:o dCoM3FWEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Press winkey+Pause/Break, System properties will pop up.
> > From there, get to Hardware tab and to dev. manager.
> >
> > Good luck
> > --PA
> >
> > "Pat Miller" <tuazz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:o v0xha9VEHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which turned out to be
> my
> > > mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the computer to
> > > reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
> > > There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I removed my
> scanner
> > > and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
> > > Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP without mouse, at
> lest
> > > good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards, Pat Miller
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
!