USB Ports

I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which turned out to be my
mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the computer to
reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I removed my scanner
and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP without mouse, at lest
good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards, Pat Miller
5 answers Last reply
More about ports

    Press winkey+Pause/Break, System properties will pop up.
    From there, get to Hardware tab and to dev. manager.

    Good luck
    --PA

    "Pat Miller" <tuazz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:Ov0xha9VEHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which turned out to be my
    > mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the computer to
    > reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
    > There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I removed my scanner
    > and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
    > Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP without mouse, at lest
    > good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards, Pat Miller

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Thanks Pavel worked like a charm - appreciate your prompt response.
    Pat aMiller

    "Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> wrote in message
    > Press winkey+Pause/Break, System properties will pop up.
    > From there, get to Hardware tab and to dev. manager.
    >
    > Good luck
    > --PA
    >
    > "Pat Miller" <tuazz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which turned out to be
    my
    > > mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the computer to
    > > reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
    > > There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I removed my
    scanner
    > > and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
    > > Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP without mouse, at
    lest
    > > good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards, Pat Miller

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    "Pat Miller" <tuazz@earthlink.net> schrieb:

    >I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which turned out to be my
    >mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the computer to
    >reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
    >There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I removed my scanner
    >and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
    >Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP without mouse, at lest
    >good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards, Pat Miller

    search google for [windows shortcuts] and you'll find a lot of useful
    entries.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Get a serial/PS2 mouse and install that until you can
    turn the USB mouse on.

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    you're welcome
    --PA

    "Pat Miller" <tuazz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:OsNm8iIWEHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Thanks Pavel worked like a charm - appreciate your prompt response.
    > Pat aMiller
    >
    > "Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> wrote in message
    > > Press winkey+Pause/Break, System properties will pop up.
    > > From there, get to Hardware tab and to dev. manager.
    > >
    > > Good luck
    > > --PA
    > >
    > > "Pat Miller" <tuazz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > > I inadvertently clicked off one of the USB ports which turned out to be
    > my
    > > > mouse. UGH! Without a mouse I cannot get back into the computer to
    > > > reinstate the plug. The directional keys would not work.
    > > > There is two places on the cpu for USB connections - I removed my
    > scanner
    > > > and plugged the mouse into that spot -it did not work.
    > > > Will greatly appreciate instruction on how to run XP without mouse, at
    > lest
    > > > good enough to get back to the Systems Mgr. Regards, Pat Miller

Drivers Mice USB Windows XP