Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How to diagnose for problems on fresh new build?

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 15, 2012 5:00:26 PM

I'm building my first pc this weekend, was wondering about the steps I should take in checking that everything functions at the desired speeds and temperatures, any recommended software for checking Memory, GPU, CPU and the rest?
November 15, 2012 5:25:05 PM

Just your motherboard's BIOS will diagnose all of that stuff. If you can boot up past the BIOS screen and install Windows you're good.
m
0
l
November 15, 2012 5:34:20 PM

CPU-Z
m
0
l
Related resources
November 16, 2012 2:24:34 AM

yes but what about the standard temperatures, the bios won't tell me the recommended temps
m
0
l
November 16, 2012 4:33:16 AM

heizenbrg said:
yes but what about the standard temperatures, the bios won't tell me the recommended temps


It won't tell you recommended temps but it will tell you what temperature your system currently runs at.
m
0
l
November 16, 2012 3:47:55 PM

g-unit1111 said:
It won't tell you recommended temps but it will tell you what temperature your system currently runs at.

thank you I understand, what I meant was that when I'm looking at the temperatures, how do o know what's too high and what's too low?
m
0
l

Best solution

November 16, 2012 3:59:26 PM

heizenbrg said:
thank you I understand, what I meant was that when I'm looking at the temperatures, how do o know what's too high and what's too low?


That's difficult to judge because every system is different so you will get different results every time. Ideally you don't want to go above 40'C.
Share
November 16, 2012 5:33:18 PM

g-unit1111 said:
That's difficult to judge because every system is different so you will get different results every time. Ideally you don't want to go above 40'C.

I have a i5 3570k, noctua dh-14, gtx 670, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd, 2tb hdd in a carbide 500r. So I shouldn't go above 40°C on all the components?
m
0
l
November 16, 2012 5:37:35 PM

heizenbrg said:
I have a i5 3570k, noctua dh-14, gtx 670, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd, 2tb hdd in a carbide 500r. So I shouldn't go above 40°C on all the components?


With a D14 and Carbide 500R you'll never go above 40'C. You should be fine. What GPU are you using? Is it EVGA? Gigabyte? Asus?
m
0
l
November 16, 2012 7:15:55 PM

g-unit1111 said:
With a D14 and Carbide 500R you'll never go above 40'C. You should be fine. What GPU are you using? Is it EVGA? Gigabyte? Asus?

It's the Gigabyte Windforce. I'm not sure if I'm ready to build though, feels like I'm missing something. What are the crucial things to do when building?
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 2:21:49 PM

Best answer selected by heizenbrg.
m
0
l
!