PC Won\'t Start, No POST BEEP/Boot or BIOS

twiddlepainted

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
My AN35N 400 WILL NOT POST

I was flashing my bios with the WINFLASH program and it gave me the option to reboot. I thought it strange that the restart didn't start up automatically as always. So I push the start button, it started up but never post. I have switched over JP1 but no post beep. I have pulled out the battery, waited over ten minutes, reinstalled it, no post beeb. I have disconnected both Hard drives and removed the three sticks of Ram the same thing. It has post for the last 12 years with out a problem, I have never had to swap out the PSU, RAM, CPU, GRAPHICS CARD or HD but only since I WINFLASHED it I can't get it to beep and post any more.

I didn't think flashing the Bios would kill the motherboard. The motherboard has a green LED that illuminates when the power cord is plugged in to let you know the board is active. All fans on Power supply, Internal fan and on Graphic card spin like normal keyboard lights for a second and both CDROM and DVD BLINKS when power on but the floppy drive dose not and it did before. I believe I took it out of the bootup sequence, but it still should light up to indicate it's wor :bounce: king. The monitor indicates NO SIGNAL. I can't get into the BIOS to change the bootup sequence. I believe it's a programming issue and not a faulty hardware issue. Again I have never had a issue in 12 years till I flashed the Bios. Maybe my luck has finally run out. :cry:

AN35N 400 MIANBOARD
2 1gig & 1 512 RAM
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB AGP Video Card
Athlon XP 2600 CPU
PSU Stock

twiddlepainted

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
I'm still working towards getting my computer back up and running. This is day 3 since I WINFLASHED my BIOS, and while going through many FORUMS although helpful and close to what I needed in the form of information, wasn't getting me any closer to fixing My EXACT problem. I haven't done this procedure yet but this is what I believe to have happen. So as I uncover more info maybe someone else could need this info too.

BIOS, the acronym for the Basic Input/Output System, is a fundamental part of your computer system containing basic control functions. It is a firmware that happens to be the most basic set of instructions your computer needs to operate, regulating how the computer should start up and boot. It is loaded into the memory of the computer when it is turned on. :hello: Unfortunately, sometimes the BIOS can get corrupted or deleted due to user error or malicious programs, which leaves your computer crippled and/or unusable. If this were to happen, you'll need to reinstall your BIOS.

Whatever the reason, I believe I deleted my BIOS CHIP which has left my computer crippled and/or unusable. So reinstalling the BIOS is most likely needed. I will keep you up to date on what happens next. smh :pfff:

Open your Internet browser and go to your computer manufacturer's website.
If yours is an assembled computer, you will need to go to the motherboard manufacturer's website.
Download the bios file appropriate for your motherboard.
Save the file to a temporary directory.
Double-click on the downloaded '.exe' file.
This will open a dialog prompting you to extract the required BIOS files. Accept and extract the files into the same directory as the downloaded file.
Write down the exact name of the '.BIO' file that is extracted.
Copy the extracted '.BIO' as well as the IFLASH.exe files onto a properly formatted pen drive. Restart your computer when done.
During boot, press 'f2'.
This will bring you to the boot menu.
Select "Enable USB Boot" at the selection screen from the keyboard (with your arrow and Enter keys) in DOS prompt.
Press the F10 key when done.
Boot your PC from the USB device with the copied files when asked.
At the dialog prompt, type "IFLASH/PF _____.BIO" without quotes, where _____ is the filename of the .BIO file you wrote down.
Wait for the installation to complete, and then restart your computer.

Edit Tips

Print out these instructions, as you cannot use your computer while the BIOS is installing.
Updating your BIOS to a newer version can be done with the same set of instructions. To locate your appropriate BIOS file, search for your computer's (or motherboard's) product name in the link located in Resources.

Edit Warnings

Do not turn off your computer or pull out the USB drive while the BIOS in installing, as this will corrupt your installation and lead to data loss and/or system instability.
Make sure the power source is reliable and stable before you start flashing your BIOS. If unsure it's always better to invest in an UPS, because any significant voltage fluctuation will ruin your BIOS and may even render the motherboard unusable.