Sign in with
Your question

Display bugs

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 19, 2012 6:34:58 PM

Hi everyone, so lately i've be en experiencing some display problems. basicly what would happen is my 2 screens would go black for half a second and come back normally and then i'd get a windows message along the lines of "display driver has crashed and recovered". This doesn't happen always at the same time, sometime it happens 2-3 times a day and more often than not, doesn't happen daily. But a little difference that i've been noticing a week or so ago is that the display driver crashes and does not recover forcing me to do a hard reset, i was wondering if there was a problem with my video card?

PC specs:

i5-2500k stock speeds
GTX570 graphics card

Thanks for the help once again!

More about : display bugs

September 19, 2012 6:48:25 PM

Look for an updated driver, uninstall the old ones completely then try the new ones.
September 19, 2012 6:55:52 PM

Tab54o said:
Look for an updated driver, uninstall the old ones completely then try the new ones.

Where should i go to get the latest driver? On EVGA website or on Nvidia?
Related resources
September 19, 2012 7:29:26 PM

swifty_morgan said:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=nvidia+drivers&s...

when's the last time you pulled the card apart and cleaned it ? heat could be causing this.

i've had the card for like 2 months or so, i did remove it from the case 1 time to bring my desktop to a friends house (put the card back in anti static bags and then in original foam wrapped in bubble wrap) used anti static wrist band to remove it and replace it but i've never actually cleaned it, last time i tried cleaning my PC i ended up breaking it :/ 
!