Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will 7770 work in pcie port

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 19, 2012 6:58:08 PM

willl hd 7770 work on pciE expansion slot?
i have foxconn 45gmx mother board.
please help.........

More about : 7770 work pcie port

September 20, 2012 11:39:52 AM

is it pciex16 slot?? and also you must have quality 450w psu like antec,corsair ect. with at least one 6pin pci-e power connector.
m
l
Related resources
September 21, 2012 2:18:43 PM

thanks for replies....
I'm have atx 450w power supply .
But i want to ask if graphics card itself need 450 power supply...
m
l
September 21, 2012 2:30:52 PM

no.
My power supply doesn't have that type of pin and not even my motherboard has the socket to connect it
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2012 2:33:17 PM

That connector (6 pin PCI-E) is used to provide extra power for the graphics card, it does not plug into the motherboard but into a connector built into the card.
Are you SURE the powersupply does not have that type of 6 pin connector? Some have a 6+2 or even an 8-pin connector.
Take a look here, the PCI-E connectors are at the bottom of the first block of photographs.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors....
m
l
September 21, 2012 2:37:49 PM

oh
Thanks for information..
Can't i convert any other type of pin into pcie pin
My psu has 4 empty pins of different types available
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2012 2:51:09 PM

@ jaysingkar: Yes, you can use a molex-to-PCI-E converter, it's the third from bottom here:

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors....

As far s I know all current cards have these converters supplied with them as part of the package.
Normally it's not a good idea to use them but the 7770 will only draw a small amout of extra power so it'll be fine.
But, I am a little concerned: If the powewrsupply is so old it lacks a PCI-E connector it may not be suitable for your needs. Please supply us with the exact make and model of powersupply you have so we can be certain.

@robjordy: Surprised you recognised it ;)  Can't help but feel the poor hurricane does not get the recognition it, and its pilots, deserve-Just my little bit of respect for them.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2012 3:01:33 PM

Yep, always Spitfire ( great plane to ). The Hurricane did maybe even more for England ( and us )

Had a model as kid. ( and a Spit, a Fokke Wulff, some English and American bombers and a Me262, most beautiful plane ever )
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2012 3:13:07 PM

^ He, He! Has to be a toss-up between the Mitchell (Mk 1 to 9) Spit and the Me262. I'd vote for the Spit, but then, being English I'm a little biased :) .
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2012 4:51:15 PM

Being right in the middle between you and those Germans my point of view is better ; ME262 ! :lol: 

Though the spit was way better ( maybe slower but still better ) the shark like 262 is beauty in perfection.

And thats all i gonna say about that :D 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2012 5:35:38 PM

Then, my friend, I shall (gentle bow) agree to disagree :)  .

Back on topic, I'm still a little concerned about the powersupply, so, Jaysingkar, can you please provide us with its eca make and model?
m
l
September 21, 2012 7:11:10 PM

I checkd my psu and i don't have both type of pins.........
I think have to buy new one.....
can you suggest me any motherboard having pciE 3.0 slot and supporting intel E2180 processor and a good psu having value for money
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2012 8:30:24 PM

@ jaysingkar: There is no motherboard that uses the LGA 775 socket (for the CPU) and has a PCI-E 3.0 slot for the graphics card that I know of.
I would suggest you use the HD7750 instead, it's less powerful than the HD7770 but it does not need an extra power lead.
!