Not meeting performance expectations

inbntly

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Hello everyone,

I'll spare the intro and get right to the problem. I recently picked up Borderlands 2 and was looking forward to play with friends, but immediately after install I ran into a few issues.

I have a Palit Geforce GTX 560 ti, it was handed down to me because my friend originally thought the card was faulty. Upon further inspection we starting thinking it was something different considering he was having the same issue with the new $350 card. However as I sit here now, he may have been right in the first place.

My frames in game are terrible. Even with all of the settings turned to low, and all of the optional features turned off. I would say, if I had to guess, sitting in the same spot after textures have loaded, standing still, I run at about 20fps. Now entering combat I notice a severe drop in frames, depending whats going on, at times it's probably less than 5fps. Also I'm not sure if it's relevant, but in case it is, It takes me a long time to the load the game, we're talking 3-5 minutes, also if any alt+tabbing is done it takes almost a minute or more to get back into the game.

I'm at a loss for an explanation considering my specs, which are as follows.

Palit Geforce GTX 560 ti Vid Card
AMD FX 8150 @ 3.6GHz CPU
8GB G-skill Ripjaw series RAM
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P Mobo
Corsair GS600W PSU
Hyper 212 Plus Heatsink

So Is it possible that the card could be faulty? I'm not sure what else would be causing an issue, I realize the wattage on my PSU is probably more than enough for the rig, but maybe it's an amp issue? I want to blame it on the card, considering it's history, but I don't want to drop the money to buy another in case it isn't. It seems to run other games just fine, which is why I'm hesitant.

Thank you your reply.

I had a Palit gtx560 in one of my machines......... for about 2 hours ONCE. I was on the phone with the people i purchased it from making sure I got a refund instead of another Palit card..... Give you a clue does it ?

anyways, borrow a card from someone else if you can. remove these drivers before removing card and replacing with borrowed..... re-install drivers.

check ram speed and voltage. as matter of fact i would reset cmos to clean anything up you may have screwed up.

running under volted ram could hurt you. RJ makes several different ones.

the Palit card suffered badly from lack of cooling. also your processor may not be being kept cool. I would pull the heat sink and fan and clean and replace thermal grease and put it all back together. Hot processor from what I've heard.. ??

hyper 212 uses a different latching system than amd's standard. I'd check to see if the heat sink isn't sitting on top of the processor flat. Even off by a little can make a world of difference. And I'd even go as far to say go back to the standard set up until this issue is resolved.