How much should i charge for this computer
Pentium Dual core CPU 2.80 GHz
6gb of ram 3 pieces 2gb each
Standard Intel motherboard
And my old videocard Nvidia 7900GT

StormOfRazors

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
I wouldn't honestly hope to get more than about $100 for that mate, it is an old system. You might even get more selling individual parts as replacements for existing systems. You main problem is that because of its specs, it is not a gaming machine. So your not going to be selling to that crowd. Also, any business or company would not buy it as it is obsolete, they tend to buy newer technology because they can list it for tax purposes as an asset (tax deduction.) As this depreciates over time (they get less back each year the PC gets older) it means they wouldn't invest in an old machine, as it does them no good on their tax return
NOTE: Im not sure how your taxes work, but Australian companies can list assests including computers as a tax deduction if work related)

That leaves the only people to buy your system those seeking to only use it for basic tasks such as email, word and internet browsing. The thing is, they can get a cheap laptop or tablet to do that for say $300 and that is NEW and FASTER.

If you have a family member who you can offload it to for 50 or 100, take the deal man. I remember that my old school tried to sell their entire fleet of obsolete PC's (only 6 years old) for $50 a piece because they needed to get rid of them so they could make use of a government technology grant. They couldn't sell half of them.

My old PC (not the old one in my signature, I'm talking about an old one made in 2002 with 256 mb memory) i use to practice building on, taking it apart and putting it back together. I suggest that is another good use if you want to learn how to do a build.

Sorry i couldnt be the bearer of better news

trum_0909

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012

thanks