Saving with intent for summer

ReLisk

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
so my peooopplee. alright first of all just made this account *welcome to the forum ReLisk*.. aww ur too kind ty guys. anyways i made it with the purpose of my future plans in building a pc after saving up some cash. what my problem is however.. is that i currently have the: Acer aspire x3950 ..ye i kno right. HIGH END gaming pc right? ty... so anyways.. my plan is to buy a chassis move my nice 1 tb hdd and 6 ram into it. so here comes the prob. i had bought a new graphics card of this acer pc... the amd radeon hd 6570 and it made me able to have some fun with games on medium settings and such. it pointless to keep that so my questions begin: i was thinking to use the same motherboard from the acer aspire but idk if high end gpu's can go into it? or if i get a nice 500w psu will it work with it? idk (in other words idk about compatibility and such nor whats good).. why i want to do it this way is it spares me from starting from ground zero (chassis motherboard processors ram etc etc etc..) which reminds me is my processor even decent for gaming? lastly does this chassis switch plan make sense? or should i start from scratch? of course u need a budget from me or it would be obvious to start from scratch if i had 1million bucks to blow... so i was thinking a budget of $400. (note my aim isnt a godlike high end gaming pc with a gpu that uses light to go back in time for extra speed).. more like a gaming pc that can handle good games in high graphics like skyrim in high graphics or black op 2 or.. u get my drift brand new games rlly high settings that kinda deal.. not valve games >.>...

So.. i hope i get some good responses to this so i can stick around on this forum with confidence that as the purchase time draws closer i can know what i want.

ps. if ur wondering why i thought of chassis swap its because acer aspire is slim fit so u kno... u cant rlly pass low end with slim fit..

pps. noticed that i typed alot and i feel a lil guilty u have to read it.. but plz do. im worth it! ;p lol

vance09

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
If you can post the specs of the Acer, that would be wonderful. We will need to know what processor you already have, what motherboard exactly you already have, etc. Please fill this out to help us more.

Approximate Purchase Date: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better))

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) Before / After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)

Country: (e.g.: India) we need to know where these parts are being assembled

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to use an AMD CPU & Biostar mobo with a 24" LCD and full tower case)

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe

Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200)

Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC)

ReLisk

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
using cpu-z
Intel core i3 540 @ 3.07 ghz
motherboard.. hmm not sure in cpu-z it says model aspire x3950....and some stuff idk..

Approximate Purchase Date: i got this computer about almost 2 yrs ago

Budget Range: about $400 but with some serious convincing as to the reason..for increase max wud prolly be $500 money tight for university student >.> lol... (o as to rebates im not american so idk about rebates and stuff so ignore that....)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: surfing the internet and watching videos on it first, then games, storing pics and other files etc.., using hdmi cord to play bluray movies on tv. hmm thts all i can think of right now.

Parts Not Required: dnt need any peripherals already have monitor mouse speakers keyboard and my windows cd **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using** <-- as to this i cant re-use it.. its 220w......

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: amazon, newegg, and im open to suggestions of good reputably good reviewed websites.

Country: o im jamaican. (e.g.: India) we need to know where these parts are being assembled

Parts Preferences: well idk rlly (remember my noobage.) id have to do more research to see if i have a preference but since i started out with amd lets continue that root.

Overclocking: as to this i didnt even realise it was possible to overclock a pc till the other day.. lol i have a android smartphone which i overclock and stuff. umm i dnt rlly wana overclock... so id say preferably not..

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe idk what this is... i googled and saw smthn about dual cards O_O. sry its 12 pm lol ill look on more of this but for now i hope this info helps.

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080 is my current max resolution...

additional Comments: mmm if i get a chassis i wouldnt mind it looking cool. BUT ONE IMPORTANT FACTOR to remember guys is in jamaica the sun is hotttttt... (another reason wy i dnt rlly wana oc) so maybe one that keeps cool.

vance09

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Well, I really would reccomend you scrap the entire old system and start from scratch. I doubt your motherboard supports the new processors, and that CPU will bottleneck your array if you try to put a good graphics card in there. I would reccomend going for a third gen i3 with a h77 motherboard, and an AMD 7850 or nvidea 650. I will try to have a complete build posted for you tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: you can probably use the 1tb HDD and the ram, yeah. That might be it though...

ReLisk

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012

ty m8 i just reached home a lil a go ill look into other stuff too to see if i can give more preferences or not and such.