Should i Upgrade a HD 6950 2gb?

I recently found a Sapphire 7950 on sale on new for 279 dollars (after rebate) along with a free copy of Sleeping Dogs. Would it be worth it, performance wise, to update my current HD 6950 2gb?
5 answers Last reply
More about should upgrade 6950
  1. I have the HD 6950 and it can keep up with all the games around, I'll wait for the 8K series. It's not worthy.
  2. I used to have a 6950 2GB like yours, and it played everything and could keep up with alot of the new cards around.

That being said, I had to swap it out because I got a new case, and the airflow was not ideal, so it was overheating.

But it was a great card overall.
  3. It's pretty likely you've already looked into this, but does your 6950 support unlocking to the full compliment of 6970 shaders?

Even if it does not unlock, the 6950 is still a pretty beastly card with a frame buffer that can handle >1080p without turning down too many settings. I've noticed a lot of people around Tom's and other forums echoing the same sentiment, that with this card they can easily wait it out an extra generation.
  4. it is a nice performance increase but i wouldn't. i'm just gonna add a second HD 6950 :D
  5. gamerkila57 said:
    it is a nice performance increase but i wouldn't. i'm just gonna add a second HD 6950 :D

^Haha, or this^ :na:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance HD Sapphire Graphics