Closed Solved

Problem with auto switch to VGA onboard?

My computer seems to be normal. But sometimes I shutdown to go to sleep, and next day, when I start my computer, monitor is black with "no signal". I see my case is having light so I try to take monitor cable and put to VGA onboard display (NOT SHUTDOWN), It's OK, computer's still running. Its auto switch to VGA onboard instead of my ATI card. I have to take out the CMOS battery for a minute to make everything goes normally.

Sometimes when I kick the electric cable and shut down computer instantly. It have the same problem like over.

My system:
FOXCONN A7DA 3.0
AMD Althon II X3 450
G.SKILL 4GB (2x2GB)
Hitachi 320GB
XFX Double D HD 6870
FSP Blue Storm Pro 500W

//Sorry for my poor English. Hope that everyone knows what I'm talking about :(
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem auto switch onboard
  1. The first thing you should check is go into the BIOS and set the primary graphics adapter to PEG or PCIE...and save this should prevent it from switching over to the onboard on you...let me know if this helps.
  2. drums101 said:
    The first thing you should check is go into the BIOS and set the primary graphics adapter to PEG or PCIE...and save this should prevent it from switching over to the onboard on you...let me know if this helps.

BIOS change nothing :) My PC is OK. But sometime (over a week or more) it have trouble :(
  3. try updating your BIOS...download the latest one from foxconn's website and flash it in the BIOS...it seems like a BIOS bug to me.
  4. drums101 said:
    try updating your BIOS...download the latest one from foxconn's website and flash it in the BIOS...it seems like a BIOS bug to me.

It's auto switch to VGA onboard instead of my AMD card is still in PCI-e. Is it bug of BIOS?
  5. Best answer
    yea that seems like a bug in your BIOS bc Its doing it at random
  6. drums101 said:
    yea that seems like a bug in your BIOS bc Its doing it at random

I sent ticket to mainboard support :D Maybe they have ideal for my trouble :D
  7. Best answer selected by nqh2508.
  8. goodluck let me know if they help at all
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer VGA Shutdown Graphics