Asrock Z77 Extreme4 & 2x ASUS Nvidia Geforce GTX 670 DC2 in SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeiturBj

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
Hi, im new at Tom's Hardware, and i wanted to ask a question about the new gaming pc i am about to build.
Ok so i have all the parts except the motherboard. I have found the Asrock Z77 Extreme4, but i don't know is it supports 2 Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 670 DC2 in SLI.

Any other opinions would also be appreciated. :)

Solution
Will work fine. The Extreme4 is a good choice imo. Just make sure your CPU is LGA1155 (I know; stupid question, but I've seen people try to fit an AM3 CPU into an intel board before).
I don't buy $130 motherboards as i tend to find they skimp in areas or cut corners prime example:
The Z77 Extreme4 can be purchased for as little as $130. Taking a look at the current availability of Intel Z77 motherboards at popular retailers confirms that this motherboard is an absolute bargain and I would say – if you are on a tight budget then give this board some consideration, you should certainly consider it.

The only negative I have for this motherboard is that it slips outside of typical ATX specifications. It’s 3cm thinner than a standard ATX motherboard and as a result may lack secure mounting on the far side since this isn’t a common size, which also means you should be very careful when plugging in the 24-pin ATX motherboard power – as the motherboard may flex.That's not really a big deal to some for me it's the principle i don't want to pay money for something like that i rather pay more for a flawless board .

Status
Not open for further replies.