Sign in with
Your question

New Build Turns On & Then Off

Last response: in Systems
November 16, 2012 8:19:31 AM

So it was my first build and I'm mind boggled, I spent over 5-6hours putting it together slowly (with breaks and what not)

The fans turn on and PSU runs but it keeps turning on and off (Fan has lights so I see it blinking), HDMI output shows nothing onto the IPS Monitor

Is there a system check list I can use to recheck everything? Power switch/reset sw works fine as I know thats working but I do have some connectors still left unconnected and unsure where it goes

ASRock Extreme6 Z77
2 x 4 GB Vengeance LP Black DDR3
Gigabyte Over clocked HD7970 GPU
Corsair TX650M PSU
2 x 500GB SATAIII
1 x 250GB SSD
NZXT Phantom 410 Case

Thanks a lot!

More about : build turns

November 16, 2012 8:36:15 AM

What does the Dr.Debug code on the board say? A list of codes is included in the manual.
November 16, 2012 8:36:30 AM

noidea_77 said:
What does the Dr.Debug code on the board say? A list of codes is included in the manual.

Stupid question, where is "Dr.Debug code" ?
Related resources
November 16, 2012 8:44:47 AM

I also notice my CPU fan isn't moving
November 16, 2012 9:26:12 AM

noidea_77 said:

Found it and it shows nothing, not lit up at all :/ 
November 16, 2012 9:36:13 AM

Found issue

Took it all apart and connected PSU + CPU + CPU Fan and it worked and shows up "20" in he Dr Debug
November 16, 2012 11:14:48 AM

Does anyone have any ideas?

Youtube vid taken quickly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrWtXLfsh8s

Lights up then back off

Weird thing is I took it apart with same config with memory in etc and outside the case it turned on, cpu fan ran fine and debug showed correct error (no input) but when I put it in the case, it goes on then off
November 16, 2012 11:28:37 AM

Sound like there was a short between the mobo (or other component) and the case....

make sure to use the brass stand, and check for the back of the mobo for any long component end that might touch the case..
November 16, 2012 11:58:28 AM

rdc85 said:
Sound like there was a short between the mobo (or other component) and the case....

make sure to use the brass stand, and check for the back of the mobo for any long component end that might touch the case..

Thanks!

Screw below the power button in the mobo was too tight causing it to power on psu start and cutting it out

Took me about 10 hours to solve that lol
November 17, 2012 1:42:53 AM

Wkkwkwk...

Glad to hear it solved....

enjoy your rig..
!