Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Monitors
  • Samsung
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 20, 2012 3:48:21 AM

I cannot for the life of me get Eyefinity working on my PC. I'll list the setup below:

2x HD7870 in Crossfire
1 Phillips monitor (1920x1080) connected via DVI
1 Samsung monitor (1920x1080) connected via HDMI
1 Samsung monitor (1920x1080) connected via an Active Mini Display Port to HDMI adapter.

So far I can only ever get two of the monitors to work - Windows 7 recognizes all 3 but it won't work for more than 2 at a time. Catalyst Control Centre can detect the 3 monitors but when setting up Eyefinity it only supports 2x1.

Any help is appreciated!

More about : eyefinity setup working

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 20, 2012 1:57:09 PM

The issue is most likely your adapter. EyeFinity can be picky about which adapters work (not as much as in the past though). I've never heard of a DP to HDMI adapter being used in the setup, normally most people get the validated apapters that are DP to DVI then use a DVI to HDMI cable.

These seem to be the best type of adapters, I use to run this one before upgrading to monitors with displayport. When I received the adapter the box even had the ATI/EyeFinity logo on it to show it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
September 20, 2012 4:44:35 PM

Thanks for your help guys, I took my DP to HDMI adapter back and got it exchange for a DP to DVI (then got a DVI to HDMI cable for my monitor) and this is now working great.
Score
September 20, 2012 4:45:08 PM

Best answer selected by sam_fisher.
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 20, 2012 5:32:22 PM

Glad we were able to help, enjoy your EyeFinity setup. Once you've gamed on 3 screens, its hard going back to just 1. I'm playing Borderlands 2 now and for the sake of playing with friends I got it on PS3. (First game I've played on my PS3 since last October). While I love the game, it feels odd playing on just one screen, even though its my 46 inch LED. I've gotten so use to my EyeFinity setup that having such a limited field of view just feels odd now.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 20, 2012 6:06:12 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!