New system not showing video!

lulzcal

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hey guys, today I received some new hardware -
Asus HD 7950 DirectCU II
AMD Piledriver FX-8 8320 BE
Xigmatek Centauro 700W Modular

I have already got an AM3+ mobo, the M5A97 and I'm using 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3. When I got my new CPU, GPU and PSU, I booted up my PC and uninstalled my old GPU drivers (Sapphire 5770). I then turned off the PC and replaced all the parts I was going to replace.

I have checked for common issues such as CPU power not plugged in, everything is plugged in perfectly. The motherboard LED shows up and so do the 2 LEDs on the 7950. One thing I think might be the problem is I may need to update my BIOS to support the 8320, last CPU was a Phenom 955. I have no idea if this is the case though.

However, whenever I turn on my PC now all fans start spinning and the mobo and gpu LEDs turn on, but no video at all. I'm pretty dissapointed as I took the day off to upgrade and play some games with my new hardware :(

I'd be grateful for any suggestions, and I'll provide as much info as possible if anyone needs it.

yep, sounds like your system is failing to POST. It is rather unlikely to be a GPU issue, much more likely to be bad hardware, or an incompatible part.

If this is an older mobo then yes, you very well may need to flash it in order to support the newer CPU. The trick is that you will need to install the old CPU, do the update, and then install the new CPU.

I would start there, then get back to us on the result.