I'm desesparated my project is always increasing in $$$$$

Kuschall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hi guys,

I have started a pc project but I don't have the knowledge to pick the bests parts off the market. I want to built my first personnal pc for around 1200$ but I always ended up over 1500$. Maybe my parts can be change for cheapers.... The pc I'd like to built is for multiples uses but I rarelly play games, I work a lot with Office suite. I want to built my pc for is to replace my 3D blu-ray (the regular one not a bd writer) by one into my pc. In better words I want my pc to become a kind of home theater

I have a 3D smart tv from samsung and I want my pc to be connected to my tv by 1.4HDMI cable. I like strong pc's I have an HPE-150 and a zenbook.

Let's start...

I have two towers in mind a full Phantom EATX for 150$ or a mid Phantom 410 for 110$?
The power supply I found could be a cooler master GX 750W for 60$ is it two strong or big?
The processor very confuse me I5 3570k or I7-3770k the difference is 100$ or so...
Motherboard my search ended up with an Asus P8Z77 but witch one? Under 125$ it's hard ti find.
The video card I saw a huge deal today for 150$ a GeForce GTX 560 ....
I have no clue witch video card to buy. Do you spend 50$ or 150 for this?
The thing I'm sure about is a SSD Vertex 4 128 or 256 another 100$ difference here.
One or two Seagate drvire 1To 75$ each
I need good ram memory 4, 8, 12 or 16Gig ?
One 3D blu-ray re-writer 100$
One French OS, ....yep I know.....lol

Is there parts missing?
What do you think I reach 1500$ easy?
Thanks for any suggestion

Agreed. I don't know how people can build a non gaming desktop for more than $600, hell $500 would be enough. The parts that Kuschall listed are for gaming or editing work.

@Kuschall. What's wrong with your HPE-150? Why would you need another desktop if it's for easy tasks?

Buy this.
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/lenovo_ship_ideacentre_q190_mini_desktop_january_349

Kuschall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
I nevwer tried amd but I had a couple of I3 and when I had 10 or 15 open windows I always use to jam and had too reboot....

Kuschall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Thanks for so many quick responses.

I know I can have a cheap pc for 500-600$ but I plan to buy games for the kids in the nearest future. I did'nt not said it but I changed every electronics in the house every two years.

I'm going to give my HPE-150 to my older son and have one only for me.

So I would like to built a 3D pc compatible with my TV, does the entires parts has to be 3D compatible or only the video card and a bd reader does the job?

I saw remote that goes with the video card but I did not find one yet can it be interresting to get?

A having a good and strong pc is like having a big ..... lol

*** I live in Canada so add 10-15% to every parts compairing to the us.

What level of gaming are you talking?
If its just light stuff, Counterstrike or TF2 type games that aren't all that intensive, that A10 will do fine.

3D is more of a software concern. None of the components you buy in a machine have to be specified as 3D ready, just the monitor.

Remote for the graphics card?

Kuschall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
I'm not an expert in games but if I sais "Fligth simulator" is one of the gammes I want to buy. I have no clue witch level it is.

The remote are included in some package like HP pavillon model use to have.

Kuschall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
I forgot I want to buy a big twer so I can change any part I want easyly in the future and the NZXT Phantom look awsome.

In witch part do you get wi-fi and wi-di ? My zenbook has wi-di fonctions and I like that?

You are either wasted or you're typing on a tablet. So?

Kuschall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
I'm quadraplegic with a broken neck for the last twenty tears I typed on a mini wireless HP keyboard it often types you twice your letter or it skips one.

And yep I'm a French Canadian..........

Kuschall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Thanks max for your good reading

Tigersdirect sent me an offer today one OCZ VTX3MI-25SAT3-240G Vertex 3 Max IOPS 2.5" Solid State Drive - 240GB, SATA III 6Gbps for 159$ is it a very good frice or you would buy a Vertex 4 where I read is a lot better with their latest technology in this specificy model? Where do you guys buy parts?

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Ok I since you are going over the your budget, go with the i5 3570k its a better deal.

Also I would go with the mid tower case since you only have one gpu, which won't take up that much space.

The Power supply is a little too much, but should be fine. You would only save like $10-20 by going smaller.

For the motherboard, dont spend too much money on it. As long as its a good quality one and has a pci-e slot you should be set.

As for the gtx 560, i heard its just an overclocked gtx 460 so I don't think its a good buy. I would either take step up and buy the amd radeon 7850 or take a step down and get the amd radeon 7770.

For the ssd, its really your preference. Normally people just store their os and a few programs on the ssd and then get a big hard drive for everything else. Personally I would just get the 128 gb because that seems to be cheaper per gb.

As for the ram I think 8 gb would be enough for general use and games. But some programs are memory hogs and the 16gb might be better IF you use those kind of programs.

Kuschall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Thank a lot this is a great response I'll do the math!

I could have the full tower for 118$ from an open box but guaranty 90 days would you take the chance? For now one ssd and one 2To disc would be ok but maybe extra slots could help. 169$ to 118$ I save 50$ and still have a full tower what do you think? Stilll go mid for 110$ or go full with the open box for 118$?

thx

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Open box seems like a good deal i mean its a case, doesnt really do anything but hold your stuff. The worst thing that could go wrong is the fans failing. As long as they say that the case is like new (as in no dents or scratches) I would do the open box.

oh great, now I'm an ass (guess that fits cuz I'm an American). The way you type is the same as me, and I have nothing to blame for it. Just a tablet user that doesn't proofread.

I'll say this about i5s. They are fast. Pair it with a ssd and nothing seems slow anymore.

If you want to build a good gaming pc then stick to a budget. Set a limit and work around it, cuz believe me things can jump quickly. I put together a $1000 rig, and since then I've spent an extra $250.

Kuschall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

No problem you can't know it.

Kuschall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

For the radeon 7850 is 165$ and the 7770 is 95$ but you have asus radeon, saphire radeon, msi radeon but there is no amd in my list in 256 radeon results?

socialfox

Distinguished
Sapphier, Asus, MSI are all based on the reference card made by AMD. They are pretty much the same I believe. Anyways since you are from Canada (so am I) try looking for some parts off of:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
yea amd is like nvidia. They make the chips, but not the card itself. Any of those companies you listed should be fine. Just read the buyer reviews for the cards before you buy to make they are not low quality.

or ncix.com :)