Sign in with
Your question

Frustrating problem: Cannot install Nvidia at all. Tried Everything!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 20, 2012 10:18:21 AM

Hey Folks,

I have a HP G70-120 laptop and I am running Windows 7 32 Bit.

Recently I uninstalled the previous default driver (258.96) and tried installing the new driver (306.23) . Everytime I try the new driver installation fails.

I have tried EVERYTHING mentioned in Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide at : http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372&mpage=1

I have:
1. Uninstalled Nvidia Drivers from the Programs and Features. It said it uninstalled but the icon was not removing.
2. Manually cleaned all the driver leftover files.
3. Cleaned all driver files that were leftover even after step 2, using Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode.

Note: I rebooted PC everytime, and I checked manually and with Auto-Detect on Nvidia Driver Download Page to check the compatibility of the driver with my graphics card and it is compatible. I read the complete release notes with 306.23. I also tried installing the default/old driver. It says its installed, but checking Device Manager and Programs and Features, it isnt installed. And currently I am with Standard VGA Adapter. Also note that, I believe its a pesky software problem, and would like to try everything I can before taking it to the shop, because shops here in Bangladesh make things worse (they damaged my microphone and webcam once while trying to fix display panel )

I have been trying to solve this problem for TWO WEEKS and I am frustrated to infinity!!

For goodness sake, does anybody know how to solve this problem??
a b Î Nvidia
a b α HP
September 20, 2012 10:49:29 AM

when it comes to laptops they may not be using a 100 percent nvidia bios on the gpu in your laptop so that the drivers fail because they come back as no hardware found. i would use the drivers on hp web page.
September 20, 2012 12:22:00 PM

smorizio said:
when it comes to laptops they may not be using a 100 percent nvidia bios on the gpu in your laptop so that the drivers fail because they come back as no hardware found. i would use the drivers on hp web page.

Thanks,
I will try and let you know
Related resources
!