GTX570 HDMI OUT - No picture on TV

aberen

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Hey there!

So since Steam big picture mode came out. I ordered a 20m hdmi cable and a 360 controller receiver to play my games on the big TV. HOWEVER! When i plug in my HDMI cable between the GTX570 and the TV. no signal is present (it is however recognized, it's just that no signal ever arrives at the TV). But whenever i plug it into the onboard HDMI out. It works fine. Problem is though. everything is laggy when using the onboard hdmi out.

I've read a few places that you have to disable hdmi out in the bios. But i have no such function in my bios for my gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.

Anybody have a similar setup where they got this working? Would be awesome to get this figured out. I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this working all morning :heink:

aberen

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Read somewhere it might be an issue with low signal hdmi output on the 570, so it might be the 20m cable. However, just tried with my shortest cable (1m) still nothing. The TV however is still recognized. No signal appears though.

dax702

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I have the same problem with my 570. Windows recognizes it as soon as you plug it in, but no signal on the TV. I have discovered that if you plug only the HDMI in (no DVI monitors), and reboot, you'll see the boot screen, and then the starting windows screen, and as soon as you get into Windows, the signal is lost. I'm thinking of trying an HDMI repeater but don't know if that will work or not.. Did you ever come up with a solution on yours?

aberen

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

Not really a valid solution to your issue but, i bought a 780 a while back. That fixed the issue nicely. However i never really found a good solution otherwise.