CD-ROM and DVD drivers for Windows XP

pat

Expert

I have just recently upgraded my PC from Windows ME to
Windows XP Professional. My PC was originally purchased
in 2000, and it appears that I need to upgrade the drivers
for my CD-ROM and DVD to be compatible with Windows XP.
My CD-ROM will play music and read files, but will not
write files to CD. My DVD will not play movies, and shows
the error message that the DVD was not compatible with
this device. I have tried to look through the Windows
website without success. Is there a patch or upgrade for
driver software available? My CD-ROM is a SAMSUNG CD-R/RW
SW-208F. My DVD is a Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-115. Please help
me get these devices working again. Thanks!

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Go to the appropriate web site of the manufacturer and look for XP drivers
and download them.