Problem with display and old graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camon

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I recently got a HD 7750, and it works and everything's fine... but sometimes windows updates tries to reinstall my old integrated graphic card.

And sometimes while I'm playing a game and downloading / installing another one ... it gets away with it. And once it's installed again for some reason my monitor's resolution is decreased to 800 x 600. I can increase it to 1152 x 854 but that's the max...

My monitor is a Gateway HX2000

And I'm not really sure why this happens, I'm assuming it's because the old graphic card is no longer inside & I uninstalled the drivers...?

Anyways I want to know what is the exact problem and what I can do about it. Kind of annoy at times.

Another thing is CPU-Z for some reason completely mess up my screen with white and yellow lines for some reason when I start it. I don't really use it so it doesn't matter but just another thing that changed when I swapped graphic cards.

The HD 7750 is in a PCI x16 slot if that helps.

Hmm additional information just in case it helps.

I started off by disabling my old integrated HD3200

Then turned off pc, etc, took the card out of the pci slot. ( I believe that was it...? Not sure, but it was in the way of the new card and the manual said to take out the old vga anyways. (sorry for my lack of knowledge) )

Installed the new card.

Installed the new drivers

And everything worked fine.

But I wanted to install the latest drivers off the amd site but the auto detect kept detecting my old graphic card so I decided to uninstall it via device manager. It worked and I installed the latest drivers... And then I installed a few additional things.

And again everything is fine right now, but it's just that every once and a while when something I recently downloaded wants to detect my old card ( even though I uninstalled it ) and then my windows reinstalls it and although it's reinstalled it mess up the display my HD7750 is disabled ( error ) and the installed program can't even detect the old card's drivers and what not because it's not there.

So I end up having to "restore" and Bam every things fine again, I somehow get the game or what ever I'm installing to detect the new graphic card and everything works.

But again I just dislike, that every once and a while and I want to know why it happens, and how I can fix it.

Thanks.

Solution
When you start your pc press del key several times, it's the usual way to enter BIOS.
Then look for integrated graphics and disable it. If you are not comfortable messing with BIOS let me know the exact motherboard model and I will try to point you further.

Bejusek

Distinguished
Integrated graphics card is not something you can unplug from your mainboard. You had to unplug something else. There is a difference between PCI and PCI-Express slots (your 7750 uses PCI express or PCI-E for short). You said something was already inserted in that slot? Was your monitor connected to back I/O ports of mainboard or to that card you took out?

The way to get rid of system detecting integrated graphics is to disable it in BIOS. Consult your motherboard manual on how to do that.

Camon

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

Yeah I thought it was odd since it was called "Integrated" but anyways I found out that it was the tv tuner :/ ... and I can't reinstall it because I don't have another PCI-E X1 slot. Do I need it? I don't really use it.

As for disabling it in the BIOS, it's an old pc and I sadly don't have my motherboard manual. I checked online/gateway site to see if I could find it. I found a few manuals but not the one I'm looking for :/

So yep, still lost.

Camon

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Ah note, I did "hide" the program in windows update so it wouldn't automatically install it when I shut down. And again everything works fine but it's just those every once and a while when I'm not paying attention or when an mmo is done patching it looks for the old drive? Idk, sorry.

Yeah.. when things like that happen I have to restore and it works fine afterwards but just kinda annoying having to restart.

Thanks again.

Bejusek

Distinguished
When you start your pc press del key several times, it's the usual way to enter BIOS.
Then look for integrated graphics and disable it. If you are not comfortable messing with BIOS let me know the exact motherboard model and I will try to point you further.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.