CD and CD RW drives both fail! Can't use

matt

Hello all,
I was installing a accounting program when the computer
locked up. I had to do a reboot and now the CD and CDRW
drives are gone. I can insert a CD and nothing happens.
I can go to "My Computer" and still no path to the CD
drives.
The computer uses XP and is 1 month old. I ran virus
scan, no virus. I have used three different restore
points, no luck.
What could cause such a problem? "Device Manager" does
not find any CD drives. "Install New Hardware" does not
find the CD Drives.
I'm stuck.

Thanks,

Matt

Charlie

I have the same problem. Did you get an answer? I have
no idea what happened but I need the CD RW back.