Could my $3000 pc build ok

tarch20

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
ok some of you may have seen m question about a $2000 pc build. well mates are good animators and im the sound editor. we will probably continue to work in animation so i'm investing in a beastly gaming computer that can also handle sound editing, i would also like it to look good.
https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=109042&action=wish_lists
i plan to upgrade to a multi monitor setup at a later date maybe 3 -4 monitors. any help would be appreciated
PS. i live in australia so no sites like newegg, etc. id prefer it to be all from one site to save on shipping, and for multi monitors the matrix 7970 or sapphire toxic 6GB 7970?

Poltregeist

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
That build looks good! Only a few minor changes I would make. Change that SSD to a Samsung 830 or 840 series. They are much better in terms of general performance and are only $10 for a 830 256GB. The PSU is good. What about that motherboard? What features are on it that you need? You could probably get a board that fits your needs for less. If available, get the H100i. Just released a week ago and has many great improvements over the H100. For a 7970 with better performance then that ASUS, get the Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X. If you really want 6GB of VRAM total then go for it. Otherwise for the same ~$600 price tag the Vapor-X comes in a 6GB VRAM model (with a backplate too :D), even though 12GB VRAM total is a bit overkill. The GTX 690 is a great SINGLE card too btw. Even though technically it is 2 680s in one.

tarch20

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

ill change the ssd, yeah i was gonna change to the h100i when PCCG has them in stock, the motherboard i need to have space to fit 2 - 3 dual slot gpu's and my sound card and this was the cheapest i could find but if you can recommend a better it would be appreciated. OK well the sapphire and asus matrix are the same price but the asus gets a couple of frames extra performance in single monitor work but would it fall short in multi monitor, and thanks for all your help

Poltregeist

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012

Not sure to be honest. But really the Sapphire is much more highly regarded. What I would do is get the 3GB version and Xfire it. This will give you more power and the same amount of RAM for $200 more. I wasn't sure if you were getting 2 of those ASUS cards or 1.

vance09

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

Are you running a 6 monitor set-up? Why do you need 2-3 dual slot GPUs?

tarch20

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

no i don't need an OS and good point so i'll stick with 3 displays

@vance09
oh you'll be suprised some of the games out their in high definition on highest graphics on multiple display are preety demanding on one GPU, like metro 2033 killed the saphire toxic on full graphics in 1080P on three monitors on one video i watched
@Poltregeist
ever way i plan on getting 2 gpu's because i can fit them in the budget, the idea of getting two 3GB GPU's and putting them in crossfire doesn't give you 6GB i wish it did but sadly it doesnt work :( , but i am leaning more towards the sapphire now because its uses only two slots and that extra few gigs may be handy (and because sapphire make the best looking cards :) ) also it cost the same as the asus

tarch20

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

hmm, got me their :) , na my main job is sound editing but i do do a bit of animating when my group is behind schedule, but the GPU's mainly for gaming and ok ill upgrade to the black seeing the max budget is a bit more than i stated and have spent