Solved

Upgrading a Radeon 4350?

I want to upgrade my Radeon 4350 because I'm almost sure (but correct me if I'm wrong) that most of the choppiness in my games comes from having a Radeon 4350. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Anytime, any day!

BUDGET RANGE: I'm hoping to keep at close to $100 but the absolute most I'm willing to spend is $150

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: I use the computer for primarily gaming. Most games I play are relatively older or not graphic intensive so they run smooth but games like Diablo 3 run choppy.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Radeon 4350 GPU and 550w generic PSU.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H

RAM: 5gb DDR2 Memory (I forgot the brand)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:Though I often use newegg, it really doesn't matter as long as I get the best deal

PARTS PREFERENCES: None

OVERCLOCKING/SLI/Crossfire: None of them.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading radeon 4350
  1. Best answer
    You're right, if you trying to play games at 1080, the Radeon HD 4350 is not up to snuff at all. Luckily for you, there is a great $100ish option that will do exactly what you want and will run just fine off a poor quality PSU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102967

$109 after MIR.
  2. Does that psu have a pci-e power connector, or better two ?
  3. stant1rm said:
    You're right, if you trying to play games at 1080, the Radeon HD 4350 is not up to snuff at all. Luckily for you, there is a great $100ish option that will do exactly what you want and will run just fine off a poor quality PSU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102967

$109 after MIR.

Ooo Thanks a ton Stan :)

Anonymous said:
    Does that psu have a pci-e power connector, or better two ?
    Hmm.. I believe it only has one.
  4. The 7770 sounds just fine then. :)

If you had two the GTX560 would be better, but with one the 7770 is the safest way to go. ( without using molex adapters and stuff )
  5. Glad to help.
  6. Best answer selected by Altom85.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Radeon Graphics Product