Sign in with
Your question

Which is computer is better?

Last response: in Systems
November 16, 2012 8:46:22 PM

Build #1 without a doubt. A Radeon 6450? That graphics card won't play any games at 30+ FPS on 1080p
November 16, 2012 8:50:21 PM

BreadWhistle said:
Build #1 without a doubt. A Radeon 6450? That graphics card won't play any games at 30+ FPS on 1080p

sorry, my mistake, the second build should be correct now.
Related resources
November 16, 2012 9:22:41 PM

The second one, I switched your video card for a better one though
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1ELHA5
Usually I would advise building, but in their sale they have a free upgrade to a 7950, which is vastly better than tthe graphics cards in any of the two you mentioned.
November 16, 2012 9:25:07 PM

vance09 said:
The second one, I switched your video card for a better one though
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_Z77_Confi...
Usually I would advise building, but in their sale they have a free upgrade to a 7950, which is vastly better than tthe graphics cards in any of the two you mentioned.

sorry, I don't think that's the right link, it's the basic default build.

will you just tell me what you changed?
November 16, 2012 9:25:58 PM

I edited my post, sorry, it should work now.
November 16, 2012 9:28:08 PM

Also, if you're ordering the frio, make sure you get their care shipping option, that is a big fan that can come apart during shipping and kill your mobo.
November 16, 2012 9:34:15 PM

vance09 said:
Also, if you're ordering the frio, make sure you get their care shipping option, that is a big fan that can come apart during shipping and kill your mobo.

I'm sorry, I don't see the care shipping option. Will the other fans work just as well?
November 16, 2012 9:51:30 PM

It's the Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution under the software and services tab. The other coolers are garbage, closed water coolers don't add anything more than a good air cooler and can mess up your components if they break. I actually ordered the frio for my build, it is truly one of the top coolers on the market, especially if you may overclock. Watch out though, the thing is a monster, unless you have a full tower case it will be a very tight fit. I would reccomend you upgrade to the cheapest full tower you can find (I would reccomend the Azza genesis, it has a $30 MIR and USB 3.0 ports). Also, if you decide to keep the midtower, forget the frio and the V6 gt (both are very big) and just go with the best liquid cooling you can afford.
November 16, 2012 9:53:33 PM

Well in that case; I'd go with the 2nd build. But keep in mind, on CyberPowerPC is about $500 more than building it yourself.

But I wouldn't go with either. This is what I would go with.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($239.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer ($28.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VK248H-CSM 24.0" Monitor ($203.49 @ B&H)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($91.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $976.44
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-16 18:49 EST-0500)

Go with the i5 3470 as overclocking your CPU does not much of anything when playing games. Used this saved money to buy a 7870 as it is superior to both the 7850 and the 660 in games.

Reduced RAM down to 8GB as you will never need 16GB. You will only need that much memory if you are doing heavy editing/rendering.

Also just threw in a monitor with extra goodies like a webcam. If you don't need this, you can get a different 24" monitor and save $40

This comes out about $100 cheaper than Build #1, and performs better also.
November 16, 2012 10:01:04 PM

Actually, contrary to popular belief, Cyber Power isn't much more expensive than building. What the cyber power build offers is a better video card, and the ability to overclock which does help in CPU dependent games like Skyrim. I would reccomend you find the same parts on part picker, I can guarantee they will be near the same price as the cyber power build. I would still reccomend doing it yourself though, if only for the experience.
November 16, 2012 10:08:36 PM

Also, Corsair Builder PSUs aren't very good at all, and 500W is really cutting it close.
November 16, 2012 11:17:09 PM

Where on earth did you hear that Corsair Builder series PSU's aren't good at all?

And here is you comparison between building and CPPC -

CyberPower - $1272

PCPartPicker - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nZzw $1107
(Changed Specs back to OP's original before free sale)

And let's mention that the OP probably doesn't need all of that power.
1. He doesn't need a $60 CPU cooler that probably won't fit in the case and will block DIMM slots

2. He doesn't need a GTX 660 to run games on a 1050p monitor

3. He doesn't need a 650W PSU at all

And also, I didn't want to gripe about this, but he obviously didn't read the sticky at all. The way he asked was in no way the appropriate way to ask a question. So so far we have no base idea to know if he even needs an i5 system!
November 17, 2012 1:16:07 AM

Maybe I was misinformed about the builder series, I heard they weren't that great from a couple of people. They weren't experts, though, and I haven't read any reviews so maybe you're right. And the difference between the two deals is, with Cyber Power you get a free SSD and a better video card (the 7950 compared to the 660). So, really, you are still ~$100 of building yourself, not that huge of a difference.
November 17, 2012 1:35:11 AM

I need to know if the motherboard is good enough, or should I change it?
November 17, 2012 1:36:43 AM

True but one thing tat bugs me is that you don't know what you are getting when you buy CPPC. "Major brand powered by Nvidia" Made by who? MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte? Or some crappy PowerColor GPU using the reference design? Gigabyte's thermal solution runs a good few degrees cooler than the reference version GPU's.

And what happens when these Black Friday sales wear off?
November 17, 2012 1:37:53 AM

cfeth said:
I need to know if the motherboard is good enough, or should I change it?

Yes, if you will be overlocking (Since you have the most expensive Tt cooler ANd a 3570k I guess you are overclocking :p )
November 17, 2012 1:43:27 AM

BreadWhistle said:
Yes, if you will be overlocking (Since you have the most expensive Tt cooler ANd a 3570k I guess you are overclocking :p )

I'm sorry, I don't plan on overclocking, I really don't want to mess with it. I just need it to run med-high settings on WOW and some games.

Ok, I have changed the processor, cooling fan, decreased to 8gb ram, changed the power supply since it was lower in price and more watts(idk if that's good or not), and will you please tell me if the freebie "GIGABYTE GC-WB300D Exclusive Bluetooth 4.0/WiFi PCIe Expansion Card [+0]" is good or will it be a waste of space? Also, do I need a bigger case?
Thank you.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1ELJ02
November 17, 2012 2:22:29 AM

Seems good now. But you probably don't need 1866MHz RAM, but since it's a free upgrade, why not?) And it depends. I probably would get it just because I always bring my laptop with me to vacations, and I wouldn't be able to get on the internet. (Currently building an Intel system)

So if you use bluetooth or wifi, why not. You could also resale it (Maybe get about $20?) If not then really it's just a waste of a PCI slot.
November 17, 2012 2:22:29 AM

BreadWhistle said:
Seems good now. But you probably don't need 1866MHz RAM, but since it's a free upgrade, why not?) And it depends. I probably would get it just because I always bring my laptop with me to vacations, and I wouldn't be able to get on the internet. (Currently building an Intel system)

So if you use bluetooth or wifi, why not. You could also resale it (Maybe get about $20?) If not then really it's just a waste of a PCI slot.

So the motherboard, processor and cooling fan are good with the video card? I'm about to order it now, before the free keyboard goes off sale.
November 17, 2012 2:29:02 AM

cfeth said:
I'm sorry, I don't plan on overclocking, I really don't want to mess with it. I just need it to run med-high settings on WOW and some games.

Ok, I have changed the processor, cooling fan, decreased to 8gb ram, changed the power supply since it was lower in price and more watts(idk if that's good or not), and will you please tell me if the freebie "GIGABYTE GC-WB300D Exclusive Bluetooth 4.0/WiFi PCIe Expansion Card [+0]" is good or will it be a waste of space? Also, do I need a bigger case?
Thank you.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1ELJ02

If you aren't overclocking, you have no need for a bigger case, just go with the cheapest water cooling. Neither of the air coolers on there is reccomended for mid-size cases, and as long as your not OCing even the cheapest of water coolers will keep you good. Really, anything is better than the stock fan. Get the free wifi card, if you don't have a wifi dongle it helps, if you don't need it you can always remove it easily. Also, make sure you select the Taihiti bundle under the video cards freebie section, that's four free games right there.
November 17, 2012 2:30:41 AM

BreadWhistle said:
Yep. Go for it.

OMG, Thank you so much, you have no idea how much you have helped me, thank you!
But just to double check, the iIntel Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink is the one I have, good?
Also will you please double check my order? If you want, I am willing to send you $150 for the help.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1ELJ34
November 17, 2012 2:43:00 AM

cfeth said:
OMG, Thank you so much, you have no idea how much you have helped me, thank you!
But just to double check, the iIntel Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink is the one I have, good?
Also will you please double check my order? If you want, I am willing to send you $150 for the help.

I would still reccomend getting the 510 water cooling, but you will be good with Intel, and you can always just install after market. Also, DO NOT BUY THE STANDARD POWER SUPPLY. You are risking your system, as cyber power uses cheap components for the standard psu, and that is the most important part for the stability of the build. Pay the 63$ and upgrade to the 750W corsair, the standard can ruin your system.
November 17, 2012 2:45:59 AM

vance09 said:
I would still reccomend getting the 510 water cooling, but you will be good with Intel, and you can always just install after market. Also, DO NOT BUY THE STANDARD POWER SUPPLY. You are risking your system, as cyber power uses cheap components for the standard psu, and that is the most important part for the stability of the build. Pay the 63$ and upgrade to the 750W corsair, the standard can ruin your system.

Thank you so much! I don't know where I would be without you guys.
November 17, 2012 2:46:10 AM

Everything else is good.
November 17, 2012 2:48:49 AM

cfeth said:
Thank you so much! I don't know where I would be without you guys.

No problem, enjoy your build :) 
November 17, 2012 2:53:04 AM

vance09 said:
Everything else is good.

Will the water cooling not leak after time?
November 17, 2012 3:01:04 AM

cfeth said:
Will the water cooling not leak after time?

It really shouldn't as long as you don't tinker with it. Water coolers are made so they won't leak, the reason I mentioned it before is because its a possibility, especially if you like tinkering with internal components. Of course, since you're buying pre built, its probably better to get liquid cooling anyway, because some of the bigger fan coolers can snap off during shipping and damage the motherboard.
November 17, 2012 4:10:16 AM

cfeth said:

WAIT! The Intel fan & heatsink is fine. There is no need to get water cooling, or any other aftermarket CPU cooler. You will only need water cooling if you are doing heavy overclocking (4.5+ GHz) The stock Intel fan is completely fine for your needs. I hope I re-checked this thread before you bought it.

Also, there's no need to send me any money. I'm just here to help (Though I would love to have $150 more in my pocket to go towards my upcoming build, I just wouldn't feel right taking your money :sarcastic:  ) But one thing you could do is just select me as best answer and send me some photos of your system when you get it! XD
November 17, 2012 10:50:11 AM

BreadWhistle said:
WAIT! The Intel fan & heatsink is fine. There is no need to get water cooling, or any other aftermarket CPU cooler. You will only need water cooling if you are doing heavy overclocking (4.5+ GHz) The stock Intel fan is completely fine for your needs. I hope I re-checked this thread before you bought it.

Also, there's no need to send me any money. I'm just here to help (Though I would love to have $150 more in my pocket to go towards my upcoming build, I just wouldn't feel right taking your money :sarcastic:  ) But one thing you could do is just select me as best answer and send me some photos of your system when you get it! XD

Intel heat sinks are atrocious. It's true that OP isn't overclocking, but really if water cooling is only $20 more you might as well get it. Keeps his system more stable in general, specially if he decides to install components that generate more heat, or upgrade his CPU down the road.
November 17, 2012 8:20:37 PM

True, but there is somewhat of a chance that a tube could comes loose and spray water all over his parts. Also, if he wants to upgrade his CPU, he is going to have to drain the reservoir, get all the water out of the pipes, then unscrew the water block. Then add the water back to it. That's a lot more complicated than just turning some push-pins.
November 17, 2012 9:04:57 PM

In general, water coolers are made not to come aprt easily, and while it's true that upgrading the CPU is a lil bit more of a hassle, it's better just to get it now for a little extra money and have good cooling throughout than wait and use the intel coolers (which work, but are, in the most flattering language, a big pile of crap)
November 18, 2012 12:20:30 AM

I have already bought the PC, with the water cooler, and I had the ultra care shipping. Thank you both for helping me with this, I greatly appreciate it.
Oh, I didn't realize that there was a shipping fee of $125, I was pretty surprised, but I bought it anyways. A total of $1412. =/

I will send you pictures when I get the computer, which will be at least a week and a half I think.

Thank you. :) 
November 18, 2012 12:31:50 AM

Haha, that ultra care shipping should help with UPS's totally careful! shipping :kaola: 

Yeah shipping adds up. Luckily they don't charge tax to your state like Newegg does me :/ 
November 18, 2012 12:46:28 AM

Congrats on your new build! Sounds awesome, I need to see these pics! Btw, I found a coupon code that gives you 5% off your build, its SPRING0410. I don't know if you already knew that, but just in case you wanna give them a call and see if you can get the discount.
December 15, 2012 1:46:31 AM

Beautiful, congrats on your build!
!