Whence the Exalted reprint?

So, I've been thinking about peeking between the covers of Exalted. But
I recall reading there's to be a reprinting that incorporates errata and
makes other tweaks to the text. Given the time that's passed and
presumable shifts in how the developers perceive the game, I think I'd
rather let this new version be my official introduction.

Anyone know when this edition/revision/whatever is due out? I checked
WW's releases page, but there's no mention of it.

--
Tyler

u d e t o d r y s t a n o i d f t

Tyler Dion wrote:
> So, I've been thinking about peeking between the covers of Exalted. But
> I recall reading there's to be a reprinting that incorporates errata and
> makes other tweaks to the text. Given the time that's passed and
> presumable shifts in how the developers perceive the game, I think I'd
> rather let this new version be my official introduction.
>
> Anyone know when this edition/revision/whatever is due out? I checked
> WW's releases page, but there's no mention of it.

There's been talk of Exalted 2nd Edition, which would theoretically be
out in 2005 or 2006, I believe.

--
_______________
Ian A. A. Watson

In article <0BX4d.1142$By5.211428@read2.cgocable.net>,
ianwatson@wolf-spoor.org wrote:

> There's been talk of Exalted 2nd Edition, which would theoretically be
> out in 2005 or 2006, I believe.

Just talk? Hmm.

I can wait 'em out.

--
Tyler

u d e t o d r y s t a n o i d f t

Tyler Dion <tfdion@spammenot.com> wrote in message news:<tfdion-40A1BB.12440124092004@newstand.syr.edu>...
> In article <0BX4d.1142$By5.211428@read2.cgocable.net>,
> ianwatson@wolf-spoor.org wrote:
>
> > There's been talk of Exalted 2nd Edition, which would theoretically be
> > out in 2005 or 2006, I believe.
>
> Just talk? Hmm.

Yep. There's actually no word at all about this. We'll probably see
the possible book on the Shogunate first...

> I can wait 'em out.

I'm trying...^^

Dex,
wishing he could use some kind of Mending Technique Charm on his
copy...

In article <27420f11.0409270252.26e13711@posting.google.com>,
smilinglord@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega) wrote:

> > I can wait 'em out.
>
> I'm trying...^^

See, this is a major reason why I've disregarded the game for so long. I
look at all you true believers, and it's obvious something unhealthy is
going on here.

--
Tyler

u d e t o d r y s t a n o i d f t

On 27 Sep 2004 03:52:23 -0700, smilinglord@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega)
wrote:

>> Just talk? Hmm.
>>
>Yep. There's actually no word at all about this. We'll probably see
>the possible book on the Shogunate first...

I remember that work on the Exalted CCG was stopped because of
a great future news about Exalted.
I don't think it will be the shogunate book.

CCG search : oh, it's not a CCG, but a TCG.
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/3204.html
Where are the mangas ? (not that I care much, in fact)
Here some more info
http://forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-144994.html
I can't find the original text for the information.

Guillaume

Tyler Dion <tfdion@spammenot.com> wrote in message news:<tfdion-949267.10093027092004@newstand.syr.edu>...
> In article <27420f11.0409270252.26e13711@posting.google.com>,
> smilinglord@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega) wrote:
>
> > > I can wait 'em out.
> >
> > I'm trying...^^
>
> See, this is a major reason why I've disregarded the game for so long. I
> look at all you true believers, and it's obvious something unhealthy is
> going on here.

Besides it just being a *really cool* game? Isn't that a bit like not
wanting to try a chocolate sundae because sooo many people dig them?
Mind you, there may well BE something unhealthy in there...^^

I'm really not so great at waxing rhapsodic about things, so I'll let
others do so if they're in the mood to. I will say that I've mostly
noticed that those who dislike Exalted do so because they dislike
Anime and Wuxia, which are major influences on its style...But, if one
can hate Lord of the Rings and still play D&D, then there's hope...

Oh, and, *pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller's
Screen!!*^^

Dex,
NOT recruiting for the Lovecraftian cult of Ess-All'ted, honestly!!

(ia, ia...)

In article <27420f11.0409271854.54d8a386@posting.google.com>,
smilinglord@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega) wrote:

> Besides it just being a *really cool* game? Isn't that a bit like not
> wanting to try a chocolate sundae because sooo many people dig them?

It is. I hate jumping on bandwagons, including those for "Firefly" and
Chthulhu-related stuff.

> I will say that I've mostly
> noticed that those who dislike Exalted do so because they dislike
> Anime and Wuxia, which are major influences on its style...

There's that, and what I've read of the game is so excessively crunchy
that my ears bled every time I heard someone say, "Okay, now it's time
to choose your charms."

But still I struggle to understand others and enlighten myself.

--
Tyler

u d e t o d r y s t a n o i d f t

Tyler Dion wrote:
> In article <27420f11.0409271854.54d8a386@posting.google.com>,
> smilinglord@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega) wrote:
>

>>Besides it just being a *really cool* game? Isn't that a bit like not
>>wanting to try a chocolate sundae because sooo many people dig them?
>

> It is. I hate jumping on bandwagons, including those for "Firefly" and
> Chthulhu-related stuff.
>

>>I will say that I've mostly
>>noticed that those who dislike Exalted do so because they dislike
>>Anime and Wuxia, which are major influences on its style...
>

> There's that, and what I've read of the game is so excessively crunchy
> that my ears bled every time I heard someone say, "Okay, now it's time
> to choose your charms."
>
> But still I struggle to understand others and enlighten myself.

Admittedly, the list of Charms is rather long, but I see this as an
asset, not a handicap. For example, in /Vampire: The Masquerade,/ any
two vampires with four levels of Presence can do the exact same things.
Two super-charismatic Solars, on the other hand, can have entirely
different abilities.

While the 300+ Charms listed in the corebook can be a bit overwhelming
to beginners, it's not hard as an ST to recommend a couple of "must
have" Charms, plus handy low-tier Charms for any abilities in which the
player particularly wants to excel. Got Melee? Take Hungry Tiger
Technique and you're good. Wanna be a superninja? Graceful Crane Stance
and Monkey Leap Technique get you halfway there. Everybody loves you?
Harmonious Presence Meditation. And, of course, any character is served
well by Ox-Body and a reflexive dodge or parry Charm.
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"Mmm! Power lines and paint chips! My childhood ROCKS!" -- Fighter,
8-bit Theatre

DoMon

Il Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:49:48 -0400, Tyler Dion <tfdion@spammenot.com>
ha scritto:

>There's that, and what I've read of the game is so excessively crunchy
>that my ears bled every time I heard someone say, "Okay, now it's time
>to choose your charms."

there is crunchy as in "so crunchy you can't play it" and then there
is crunchy as in "exalted crunchy" or "delicious crunchy"
--
i hope she fries
i'm free if that bitch dies...

Tyler Dion <tfdion@spammenot.com> wrote in message news:<tfdion-6EA444.08494828092004@newstand.syr.edu>...
> In article <27420f11.0409271854.54d8a386@posting.google.com>,
> smilinglord@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega) wrote:
>
> > Besides it just being a *really cool* game? Isn't that a bit like not
> > wanting to try a chocolate sundae because sooo many people dig them?
>
> It is. I hate jumping on bandwagons, including those for "Firefly" and
> Chthulhu-related stuff.

No offence, but I've always hated when people use that as an excuse
not to try something, as if giving something popular a chance
threatens their sense of individuality. Ask yourself this: Is there
any valid difference between allowing the tastes of the masses to
steer you *toward* something, or *away* from it? Either way, you're
*still allowing other people to make your decisions and determine your
tastes for you*.

There are plenty of valid reasons to like or dislike anything, Exalted
included. But "popularity" is not one of them, IMHO...

> > I will say that I've mostly
> > noticed that those who dislike Exalted do so because they dislike
> > Anime and Wuxia, which are major influences on its style...
>
> There's that, and what I've read of the game is so excessively crunchy
> that my ears bled every time I heard someone say, "Okay, now it's time
> to choose your charms."

Always better to have too much than not enough.^_~ Really, tho, as
long as you've got a fairly detailed character concept in mind, I
think you'll find that the Charms almost choose themselves...The real
problem is the temptation to over-specialize, so you can build that
Perfect Doctor or Engineer character...

> But still I struggle to understand others and enlighten myself.

So say we all...[nod, nod]

Dex

In article <27420f11.0409291933.21cda12@posting.google.com>,
smilinglord@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega) wrote:

> There are plenty of valid reasons to like or dislike anything, Exalted
> included. But "popularity" is not one of them, IMHO...

When there are more things to know and consider than one can possibly
ever cover in a human lifetime, I think a process of filtering is pretty
much required. I choose "is it ridiculously popular?" as one of my
filters because I have an affection for the less than popular and
ignored.

Don't worry too much. Exalted gets snagged by several of my other
filters, which are a little more rationally justifiable.

--
Tyler

u d e t o d r y s t a n o i d f t

Bac>|wards

> Anyone know when this edition/revision/whatever is due out? I checked
> WW's releases page, but there's no mention of it.

Yeah; three months after I replace my old ratty copy of the Corebook;P

Brandon,