Sign in with
Your question

How Much Is My Laptop Worth?

Last response: in Systems
November 16, 2012 11:27:18 PM

Not sure where to post this so if there is a section for this and this section is not it, I apologize.

I have a used Alienware M17x R1 from ~2 years ago. The E, R, 4, and 5 keys are not working (can use external keyboard). I want to get rid of it and I want to know how much I can sell it for.

Specs
-4 GB Ram
-Intel Duo 2.8 Ghz
-500GB HDD
-Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 260m

Thanks.

More about : laptop worth

a b D Laptop
November 17, 2012 12:26:25 AM

1. Swapping a keyboard is not that hard or expensive ($50?). Your laptop will be worth more with a clean working keyboard. There is probably a video on youtube showing someone installing a new keyboard on your exact model.

2. Search on ebay. Find comparable units. Then assume they will sell at less than asking price. Then discount your price further if you have not seller history. that is what your laptop is worth.
November 17, 2012 11:41:21 AM

tsnor said:
1. Swapping a keyboard is not that hard or expensive ($50?). Your laptop will be worth more with a clean working keyboard. There is probably a video on youtube showing someone installing a new keyboard on your exact model.

2. Search on ebay. Find comparable units. Then assume they will sell at less than asking price. Then discount your price further if you have not seller history. that is what your laptop is worth.

Can I get an estimate at least? (With and without a working keyboard). I want to know if all this hassle is going to be worth it.
a b D Laptop
November 17, 2012 5:15:52 PM

xGary said:
Can I get an estimate at least? (With and without a working keyboard). I want to know if all this hassle is going to be worth it.

Yes, by going on ebay and finding comparable units. It'll take you less time then asking here. And you'd still need to validate the answer.

For me, your laptop given CPU, GPU and condition is worth well less than $200. However I'm not in the market for a gaming laptop.
!