GTX 560 TI SOC vs HD 7850

XSR

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2012
Who is faster? What would you take?

Please note that the Gigabyte GTX 560 TI SOC is second hand and is therefore cheaper than Sapphire HD 7850 2GB.

What are the prices that you're looking at? The 7850 is a generally significantly superior card, but if the 560 Ti is enough for you and much cheaper, then there's little reason to spend more for something that is more than you're going for unless you have really bad electricity bills where the 7850's significantly lower power consumption is a big deal.

G

i would consider what games are involved; if you are looking at more recent titles then the 7850 would provide better satisfaction.

though if you are wanting games that are a few years old or playing at lower resolutions than 1920x1080 and medium settings then the 560ti would be fine. esp if it is much cheaper.

I'd say that the 560 Ti would be fine regardless of the game's age, although the 7850 would generally be better. Technically, if we went by older games, the 7850's advantage could grow because you'd have to use higher levels of AA and such to make use of its higher performance and it has extremely good AA and tessellation efficiency.

G

latest general benchmark i found . . .
perfrel.gif

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Club_3D/HD_7850_RoyalQueen/28.html

BUT it depends on the game . . .
wow_1920_1200.gif

it can be closer . . .

TRENDING THREADS