Exalted: The Fair Folk

Hand-of-Omega wrote:
> conrad@white-wolf.com (Conrad Hubbard) wrote in message news:<4602fd96.0409271033.29e03016@posting.google.com>...
>
>>Article online:
>>
>>http://www.white-wolf.com/index.php?articleid=58
>>

> I assume this article is written by Geoff Grabowski?
>
> Contrary to early reports, it sounds as if "Raksha" isn't just what
> the Fae call themselves, but what every Exalted book from now on (even
> a revised Core Book?) will refer to them as, even OOC. That makes me a
> little more nervous, as it feels like a HUGE retcon...

How are you getting this? I mean, even the main book calls them 'the
Fair Folk', I'd note, right on the cover. "Faeries" has never really
been used all that much in Exalted for them. I don't really see
anything in the article suggesting that Raksha will replace Fair Folk as
the preferred way to refer to these critters in general.

Brandon,

Brandon Quina <quinabl@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<kKV6d.5364$ls6.973@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> Hand-of-Omega wrote:
> > conrad@white-wolf.com (Conrad Hubbard) wrote in message news:<4602fd96.0409271033.29e03016@posting.google.com>...
> >
> >>Article online:
> >>
> >>http://www.white-wolf.com/index.php?articleid=58
> >>
> > Contrary to early reports, it sounds as if "Raksha" isn't just what
> > the Fae call themselves, but what every Exalted book from now on (even
> > a revised Core Book?) will refer to them as, even OOC. That makes me a
> > little more nervous, as it feels like a HUGE retcon...
>
> How are you getting this? I mean, even the main book calls them 'the
> Fair Folk', I'd note, right on the cover.

And Kindred of the East says "Kindred of the East" on the cover.^~

>"Faeries" has never really
> been used all that much in Exalted for them.

Yes, it has. Tho, admittedly, not *quite* as much as "Fey", "Fae", and
"Fair Folk"...

> I don't really see
> anything in the article suggesting that Raksha will replace Fair Folk as
> the preferred way to refer to these critters in general.

Where he says how he sent out an inflammatory "imperial decree" to the
writers that henceforth, "faeries" will now be "raksha", and when he
instructs STs to tell players that there are now "no such things" as
faeries in Exalted, but to hit them up with raksha stories instead.

I do think we'll still hear the term "Fair Folk", but probably only
IC, from characters who don't know any better. Book texts talking
right to the reader might say "Raksha", from now on...Not that it
really matters. It gives me a bad feeling, but these things happen.
It's not gonna ruin the game for me or anything...

Dex,
who was looking forward to +2 Shirts of Poofiness...:-(

TRENDING THREADS