How to take advantage of Black Friday?

Spiker101_15

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hello, I am looking to build a gaming pc to play some games. Black Friday is almost here so I am trying to figure out someway to save the most money. Any Tip is appreciated.

I already have a GTX460 for GPU and want to build a pc around it. I understand that is not top of the line anymore but maybe I can SLI it in the future (Should I SLI it now or just get a better graphics card)? I need help on 3 major components.

CPU Cooler: I am not overclocking so I just want something cheap/reliable/quiet.
Motherboard: I have no clue how to pick this one. Except maybe I need microATX so I can use smaller case, but that may interferes with SLI in the future? Can you guys suggest several options so I have a chance to see one going on sale.
Case: Prefer one that looks professional, quiet, USB 3.0 and on the smaller side.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor. Seems like what everyone is picking
Power Supply: Any 750W with Good review
Memory: Any DDR3-1600 Memory that goes on sale.
Storage: Any major Brand SSD ~120G that goes on Sale
Video Card: GTX 460 Already have.

JMer806

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
A microATX board almost certainly won't be able to SLI, and if you put it into a micro case then you won't be able to fit another GPU anyway.

I'd get an Asus P8Z77 board. Solid brand, good features, lots of SATAII and SATAIII ports plus USB 2.0 and 3.0. Get a regular ATX size and a mid-tower case. CoolerMaster HAF 912 is a good one, has great airflow out of the box and you can improve it even more with just a few fans if you decide to spend the money (it's honestly not really needed unless your PC is running hot).

As far as a CPU cooler, I have a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO air cooler and it does a great job at a low price point. That said, if you aren't going to overclock then there's not any real *need* to use an aftermarket cooler.

I am not sure where you'd heard that information but it's incorrect. There are lots of micro boards that can support SLI or crossfire, and pretty much any micro atx case can, as long as it's long enough for the card and you feed enough cool air. It's not the best choice for most cases of SLI but it is certainly possible

just for an example
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157294

This discussion is a little pointless anyway. If you want black Friday sales you take what's offered, you don't pick ahead of time.

JMer806

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012

Sorry, you're right, I was thinking that microATX was the smallest. I was thinking of a mini MOBO.