I am in a bit of a bind; well, more of a complete *** storm, to say the least. I purchased a bunch of parts to upgrade my computer, and it will not POST. It will turn on, with all of the lights and fans moving, but nothing else.In fact, it won't even beep to tell me what's wrong.
Relax. It happens to every system builder. I am always happy to get a post on the first try,lol. Simple stuff first. Is the video cable in the motherboard or the video card? It should be in the video card. If that doesn't work, try the motherboards onboard video. What motherboard do you have exactly?
I would like to address a few things in this thread.
1. My thanks for your help. While none of the instructions that you've provided me with actually helped, I appreciate the effort. I followed all of your instructions to a tee, but that did not help. The issue was something quite unrelated to most of what you provided me with.
2. When I said "mono", I actually intended to type "mobo" (short for motherboard). My phone was being a little weird today and, considering I was at work, I could not reply to address any misunderstandings.
3. I fixed the issue on my own. What was the culprit? I am assuming it had something to do with the RAM. I have hypothesized this simply because when I took everything apart, and put it back together AGAIN, I decided to power the motherboard on without RAM. After I did this, everything whirred to life, and the motherboard speakers made three long simultaneous beeps. I turned it off, installed all of my RAM, and it started... without issue. I now have the following up-and-running...
I also tried with one stick of RAM, but that did nothing.
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 1155 Motherboard
- Intel Core i5 3570K Quad-Core Processor @ 3.4GHz (I am going to leave the overclocking go for quite some time, as I do not have time to deal with any malfunctions due to exams).
- Intel Maple SSD 120Gb
- Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB HDD 64MB cache, 7200 RPM
- AMD Radeon 6850 in Crossfire
- 12GB of 1600MHz Corsair XMS3 RAM
4. Again, thank-you. You all took time out of your day to help me try and solve the issue, and I am very appreciative of that. I was in a big panic yesterday, spending ~eight hours in an attempt to find and mediate the issue. Two more hours today proved to be worth it.