Games crashing

madman24

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
I recently built a new PC, well my friend did for me, it seemed to be running perfectly but then once I started playing GW2 running on ultra settings I started to get my issue below, exactly the same as what is happening currently in Borderlands 2.

I will start with my computer setup

Intel Core i5 2500K I have OC'd it myself to 4.0 just using the bios with auto voltage etc
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
Gainward GeForce GTX 680 Phantom 2GB
Silverstone Strider Plus 750W ST75F-P
Crucial M4 SSD 128GB
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003
16G Kingston Hyperx DDR3 1600

Now the issue.

I will play both these games and the issue could happen within 5mins and every 5mins or it could go for a few hours without it happening.

I will be playing along the games running smooth as silk, then just out of the blue the screen will go black sometimes it will crash, I get a few errors like the drivers have stopped responing, we have experienced an unrecoverable error etc etc, but most of the time the screen will go black then a few seconds later the game will reappear with like 10 FPS and I will have to restart the game to fix this.

It is really giving me the sh#ts can someone please help me or guide me in the right direction.

I have tried the previous few latest Nividia drivers including beta ones.

madman24

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
My CPU is always low - Just did an MSI Kombustor stress test

CPU-43C
GPU-66C

Nividia drivers are up to date, what else should I check like motherboard drivers you mean?

Surgeking

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I'd also suggest completely uninstalling drivers and reinstall. It's never happened to me but i know sometimes just updating drivers, ( going from old ones to new ones as opposed to go from none to new) can cause issues.

Side note, are you running 32 bit version of windows? i crash in gw2 with mem errors and i suspect its because i have 4g+ ram but only 32 bit win 7. I suspect that gw2 is trying to dump memory into what windows says is unusable.

I would back everything down to stock settings to test everything out. Sounds like driver issues though. You already tried different drivers so I am not sure what to tell you. Try cleaning out the driver with software (the name escapes me), driver cleaner? Then reinstall drivers....not just Nvidias, all of them. Good luck.

The name you are looking for is driver sweeper.