How to enable aero glass transparency in windows 8?

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Hello friends,
I have just installed windows 8 final edition (build 9200). But I noticed that I cannot enable the aero glass effect through personalisation (it was present in windows 8 customer version).
So I did a bit of search in google and came across some videos in youtube.
You may know the steps but I included it for elaboration.

I tried the steps (shown in youtube) like-------Going to "personalise"----setting high contrast white-----going to colour----then minimising it----then opening a new "personalise" window-----selecting a windows theme----closing it----then save changes in the previous window.

But I noticed that the process is very unstable as after I change any background image the appearance reverts back to the original settings(without aero glass effects).

Also I came across a software called bLend (by Lord Devrexster) which claims to stabilize the aero glass effect.
But still using bLend, when I change the background image the aero glass effect turns off.

I hope you may help me as I am a very big fan of the aero glass that were the style statements of Windows Vista & 7.

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Ok,thanks for the reply.
I thought maybe there are some other ways to do it.

Xiaochen Li

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

Yes, it does. but through some awkward and buggy ways. For example, the glass blur by Big Muscle. You can get the glass back, but you have to leave a configuration windows opened at all time. I guess we need to wait some more time for a better solution.
see : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxusq-B1J2w

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Only Glass and the rolling tab task switcher were removed. You still have Peek, Jumplists, Shake, Dock etc.

Glass didn't really add anything to Windows 7 and only used CPU cycles better spent on other things.