Wrong graphics card showing up

G

Hello,

I bought a Sapphire Radeon HD5450, I had a lot of trouble installing it but eventually managed to although I don't think I have done it properly.

When I go to dxdiag, display the device is showing up as an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series. Also the memory is showing as 64MB and the card I bought should have 1GB.

As it is I can play videos apart from high definition ones, which I was hoping the 1GB card would be able to deal with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G

into the motherboard, the only way i could get it to work was VGA into the motherboard. HDMI cable or the other one (sorry forgot what its called) into the graphics card wouldnt work it just said no signal.

into the motherboard, the only way i could get it to work was VGA into the motherboard. HDMI cable or the other one (sorry forgot what its called) into the graphics card wouldnt work it just said no signal.

You have to plug the monitor into the card to use it. You are on onboard graphics right now.

Ok well that's the problem. If your plugged into the motherboard, of course your using your motherboards integrated Xpress 200 graphics so that's what's going to show as your video adaptor.

Have you tried the video cards vga??

Not sure why your hdmi or dvi is not working with video card though. Try re-seating the video card, make sure it's all the way in the slot and try again.

medmn

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
you need to check your bios setting for video/display adapter. You should
have a choice between on-board or pcie slot or something along those lines.
boot the computer hit del or whatever button it tells you to use to access bios
setup. look through the bios screens until you find the proper area.

Once you make the change reboot with the monitor plugged into the
video card.

Good Luck

Surgeking

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I had this problem too. i think i messed with these setting in the bios, they had names like PEG and IGD, don't even know what they mean but i knew it had something to do with my graphics