No sound after upgrading to windows 7 on my hp pavilion dv9000

after upgrading to win 7 32 to from vista my sound dose not eork properly. i get a sound bar but no internal audio on speakers. my headphone socket works,well it works at such a low volume that its useless even when turned up full. i have tryed everything to sort this but no joy even after talking to hp. i have tryed every driver known to man,every setting ,well you get the picture. i have a hp dv 9000 motherboard qanta 30 bd chipset intel 945pm bios f.2e
if you can help me sort this i would be greatfull and its not a hardwear problem. many thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about sound upgrading windows pavilion dv9000
  1. Install the Vista drivers as normal, will no doubt whine about no compatible devices, but let it finishes.

Now go into device manager and do a manual update of audio device, tell it you will choose the driver and and point it to the c:\swsetup\ folder ticking the option to check other folders.

There is no reason why the Vista drivers will not work for Win7 except that HP want you to buy a new laptop when your old one is still capable, just them being profit muppets.
  2. Thanks for that. I did that but still no sound out of internel speakers and very low sound out of head phones. says this devise working properly. but it has always said that. i have right bios right chip set. took speakers out and checked them but they are fine. in fact all was fine till i put windows 7 on my laptop. even when i put it going through my stereo the sound is crackely. i am begining to get very upset with hp. ant more ideas.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7