Really need help building a budget rig

levi10607

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: $400 - $600 (Birthday and Family Christmas coming within the month, may be able to stretch price for a good enough deal)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Playing World of Warcraft. End of story.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: Whole new rig.

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.ca, Amazon.ca, Canadacomputers.com, Tigerdirect.ca

Parts Preferences: Haven't built a rig in a while, tried doing comparative research between AMD and Intel processors, and at this point, I'm open to anything.

Overclocking: If needed.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Will be mainly used for high end raiding in World of Warcraft. Would like a smooth, steady fps, experience.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:

Currently trying to do high end raids(10 and 25) with my HP Notebook with the almighty AMD c-50 CPU. I'm sure you can feel my pain. I've been playing WoW since the day it came out and this notebook was just a temporary replacement. Unfortunately, I get extremely stressed trying to put a rig together myself. Any help would be more than appreciated.

If you're looking for minimums, take into consideration that I once spent an entire expansion pack (Server first'ed every raid) playing sitting on a stack of milk crates in my freezer.

***My roommmate's computer runs extremely well - to my standards - so even something comparable to this would be more than perfect:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 1005, 24/08/2010
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory: 3.12 GB
Available Physical Memory: 433 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 6.94 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 2.10 GB

levi10607

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Where the parts come from isn't too big a worry for me. There are quite a few computer places close to me, and I don't have a problem ordering anything online.