Graphics card for Inspiron 660!

I have this inspiron!
http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=d0066s05&model_id=inspiron-660s&c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&

I need a GOOD graphics card for it.
Please help me out!

Or is there a way I could buy another case and transfer things over into the new case and then get a normal sized graphics card?
3 answers Last reply
More about graphics card inspiron
  1. You are crippled by two factors. The first is that any "good" graphics card will almost certainly require a new power supply. The second is that you have a slimline model, meaning you'll need a video card that is able to accommodate that particular form factor. Even if you moved everything to a new case, you'd still need to add to that a new PSU, so it would become a significantly more expensive proposition. My personal opinion would be to not even bother, just save your money and buy/build a new gaming oriented computer when you have more money. If you try moving the contents of that computer to a new case would likely result in you replacing significant portions of the computer anyway.
  2. There are low-profile versions of the HD7750 available, which should run on the stock Dell PSU. I think they're in the $105-$115 range.
  3. Transfer is plausible, just may not be practical.

New case, New Psu and the graphic card. everything else 'should' be transferable.

Best case scenario that's $170ish and that's with just a 6670.

if that 7750 fits you should be ok.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Cases Inspiron Graphics