Solved

My new gaming pc (need your thoughts and opinions)!!!

Hey everyone I just wanted to get some thoughts and opinions on my new gaming pc build that I'm going to start in a few weeks. I'm wanting to build the best pc for gaming that I can but want to stay around the 1500-2000 dollar mark, so I'm going to list the parts that I'm thinking of buying and assembling so if you could all critique my selections I would really appreciate it.

The parts list,
Processor: Intel i7 3770k ivy bridge ($319 from newegg)
Motherboard: Asus sabertooth Z77 ($229 from newegg)
Ram: G.Skill ripjaws 4x 8Gb ddr3 1866 ($179 from newegg)
Harddrive: Seagate barracuda 2x 3Tb 7200rpm ($299 from newegg)
GPU: I'm thinking of doing an sli setup with 2 nvidia gtx 680 (would appreciate input on a good graphics setup)
Case: Corsair obsidian 800d ($245 from amazon)
Cooler: Corsair hydro H100
Power supply: Corsair professional AX 1200 ($249 from amazon)

So all of the parts above total out to be $1520 ( without the graphics card/cards)

If any of you have any tweaks to my setup that would decrease the overall build price without really hurting performance I would love to here about it!

Thanks in advance to everyone
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming need thoughts opinions
  1. Best answer
    For gaming go with I5 3570K and drop your PSU to 850watts and you are fine for your SLI setup but I would go with two GTX670 instead. 8GB ram is enough for a gaming rig so you can drastically save on ram as well.
  2. what are you going to use for a monitor/monitors? dual gtx 680's more power than you'll need under normal conditions. Personally I would try to shave a little money off the case and hard drives and buy an SSD for a boot drive and gaming drive.
  3. Everything sounds pretty good but I would change the ram to 16gb of Corsair vengeance or dominator. I would also get the Corsair h100i, the upgraded h100 and that is basically the same price. For gpu I would do either dual gtx680's or dual 7950's
  4. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  5. How well does the i5 3570k OC? Also I haven't decided if I was to go with one very high res monitor or go with a dual monitor setup.

32gb is probably a little overkill but is 8 or 16 gb better, my current laptop that I'm gaming on has 8gb and seems to do good not great but good (ASUS g75vw-bbk5)
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems