Crossfire IGX and APU?

bernardblack

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Hello, I did a bit of Googling around for this one. I can't find anything beyond Crossfiring an APU with cards of the same range. As the title would suggest, I am wondering if one could crossfire an APU with an IGX of the same range, or perhaps, even crossfiring the APU and IGX with two additional cards of the same range, using the Crossfire guide. That would make for a very good, low-end setup.

chugot9218

Honorable
Yeah, I was assuming he was talking integrated graphics but it's my b-day and I wanted to be difficult :). You can Xfire the APU with vid cards, however I don't think this is going to be the performance boon you are hoping for.

bernardblack

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Yeah, after much research I also determined that. I'm new to the APU seen. I took a bit of a break from building back in 2006 and came back just recently. The reason I asked, was because, an APU coupled with an IGP, would be the most low-latency solution of all time. It would be low end, and all use your slow-a$$ System ram, compared to DDR5 video ram, but it would be sweet.