driver for Nikon 4300 digital camera for Win XP SP1

I cannot install a driver for my Nikon 4300 digital
camera on my new T40 Think pad with win XP SP1. Looks
like there is a compatability issue with SP1. nikon does
not have drivers and referred me to microsoft. I can't
find this dirvier on the MS web page. How can I get this
driver?
4 answers Last reply
More about driver nikon 4300 digital camera

    Hi Lynne
    Did you install Nikon View?
    I have had no problem with XP PRO SP1 or XP PRP SP2 RC2 and my 4300.
    Stuart
    "Lynne G." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:217ae01c45ac1$87f8e440$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    > I cannot install a driver for my Nikon 4300 digital
    > camera on my new T40 Think pad with win XP SP1. Looks
    > like there is a compatability issue with SP1. nikon does
    > not have drivers and referred me to microsoft. I can't
    > find this dirvier on the MS web page. How can I get this
    > driver?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Yes I did install Nikon View. When I turn on the camera
    with it attached to my PC via USB, I get an install
    error: one of the filter drivers installed for this
    device is invalid.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Only sugestions I have are to uninstall and reinstall or if you are using Nikon View 5 update to v6 from Nikon site.
    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21c8901c45ae1$832b9730$a001280a@phx.gbl...
    > Yes I did install Nikon View. When I turn on the camera
    > with it attached to my PC via USB, I get an install
    > error: one of the filter drivers installed for this
    > device is invalid.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Found this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823774&Product=winxp
    It may help.
    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21c8901c45ae1$832b9730$a001280a@phx.gbl...
    > Yes I did install Nikon View. When I turn on the camera
    > with it attached to my PC via USB, I get an install
    > error: one of the filter drivers installed for this
    > device is invalid.

Drivers Nikon Cameras Microsoft Windows XP