driver for Nikon 4300 digital camera for Win XP SP1

I cannot install a driver for my Nikon 4300 digital
camera on my new T40 Think pad with win XP SP1. Looks
like there is a compatability issue with SP1. nikon does
not have drivers and referred me to microsoft. I can't
find this dirvier on the MS web page. How can I get this
driver?

stuart

Hi Lynne
Did you install Nikon View?
I have had no problem with XP PRO SP1 or XP PRP SP2 RC2 and my 4300.
Stuart
"Lynne G." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:217ae01c45ac1$87f8e440$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> I cannot install a driver for my Nikon 4300 digital
> camera on my new T40 Think pad with win XP SP1. Looks
> like there is a compatability issue with SP1. nikon does
> not have drivers and referred me to microsoft. I can't
> find this dirvier on the MS web page. How can I get this
> driver?

Yes I did install Nikon View. When I turn on the camera
with it attached to my PC via USB, I get an install
error: one of the filter drivers installed for this
device is invalid.

stuart

Only sugestions I have are to uninstall and reinstall or if you are using Nikon View 5 update to v6 from Nikon site.
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21c8901c45ae1$832b9730$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Yes I did install Nikon View. When I turn on the camera
> with it attached to my PC via USB, I get an install
> error: one of the filter drivers installed for this
> device is invalid.

stuart

Found this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823774&Product=winxp