JCMB87

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Here are the components that i have

Asus SABERTOOTH X79 Socket 2011 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
G.Skill 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz RipjawsZ Memory Kit CL9 1.5v
Intel Core i7 3820 3.6GHz Socket 2011 10MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
NZXT Phantom White Full Tower Case
Liteon IHES112-115 12x BD-ROM with DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black
Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache
OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD - SATA-III - Read 525MB/s Write 500MB/s 85,000 IOPS
Powercool 1050W PSU 80+ Quad 12V V2.3 High Efficiency
Gelid Solutions GX-7 High Performance Quiet PC Cooler
Asus Dual-Band Wireless-N600 PCI-E Adapter
EVGA GTX 670 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card

As far as im aware everything has been placed as it should on first boot it came to bios then after a few minutes cut out by itself. since then i have tried numerous things i have used known working ram instead of my own, removed all drives and graphics card and left to see if the power cut out still occurs it does, there are no out of the ordinary beeps, from the motherboard.
there is thermal paste covering the cpu heatsink interface, a friend of mine is bringing me a power supply checker to check the supply later, its not a thermal cut out as the bios reads very low temp and a i can turn on straight after cut out, i currently have the system on a bench not in case so its not being shorted by the case, im actually lost as what to do next the only thing i can think of is the psu is not compatible or has a faulty wire, the mobo is faulty or the cpu is faulty, and im not sure how to test these.

If any one has any ideas id be greatfull it was a costly build so im pulling my hair out at the moment

twelve25

Distinguished
You've got ALL the power connectors in the right places on the motherboard? You have all required power connectors running to Video card (it probably has two)? You aren't exceeding amperage or voltage at the wall socket? PSU is not switched to the wrong voltage (some have manual switches)?

I'm assuming you checked all those, this is just an odd problem so I thought we should eliminate the obvious ones right off the bat.

I'd be inclined to try a different power supply, even though that one passed your tester. You should only need 500-600W to power that rig, so if you can find one to borrow for a test, that would be my next step.

JCMB87

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
There isnt a manual switch its 1050w power supply asus recomended 700 plus for my configuration all power connectors are in correct place, i removed gaphics card and had just mobo, psu and ram connected and same issue occurs as basic as possible. its baffling me that with just power supply ram and cpu it still switches off, going to try jumping mobo see if its the phantom case.

twelve25

Distinguished
I don't think it's a wattage issue, I think you have a flaky PSU so I wanted you to try a second one.

I might just try mounting it up in the case. There is some grounding that is supposed to be happening between case and power supply and motherboard and the standoffs on the case.