S3 Prosavage Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfwfitz

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
I am trying to replace my S3 Prosavage video card and got a Jaton 3D Force 3450 DVI AGP R and it does not fit. What card can I get to replasce it?

Solution
holy **** batman... that thing is ancient!
welcome to this millenium!
Also are you sure it's actually ProSavage, if my memory serves right ProSavage was their integrated solution. Anyways the card is either PCI or agp, and since agp doesnt fit it's probably pci version... Secondly getting any sort of drivers for 'recent' cards to work on such an old system might be a bit difficult. What operating system are you running? what are the rest of the specs?

I had S3 Virge on one of my earliest systems...

edit had to check, there have been several different slot versions for agp, so things got be a bit more complicated
424px-AGP_%26_AGP_Pro_Keying.svg.png

Kari

Splendid
holy **** batman... that thing is ancient!
welcome to this millenium!
Also are you sure it's actually ProSavage, if my memory serves right ProSavage was their integrated solution. Anyways the card is either PCI or agp, and since agp doesnt fit it's probably pci version... Secondly getting any sort of drivers for 'recent' cards to work on such an old system might be a bit difficult. What operating system are you running? what are the rest of the specs?

I had S3 Virge on one of my earliest systems...

edit had to check, there have been several different slot versions for agp, so things got be a bit more complicated
424px-AGP_%26_AGP_Pro_Keying.svg.png

Solution

wfwfitz

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012

It is a connector issue. The connection does not match up with my AGP slot and looks a little bigger than the S3 Prosavage connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.