Anyone run an ascension scenario?

Hey hey:
I was just wondering if anyone had run any of the ascension scenarios
in the mage book, or even a homebrewed one, and how it turned out.
Eric

Eric Willey wrote:
> Hey hey:
> I was just wondering if anyone had run any of the ascension scenarios
> in the mage book, or even a homebrewed one, and how it turned out.
> Eric

I ran an alternate setting for Mage that I called Clockwork. It was an
Edwardian styled setting that was based mostly around Sons of Ether, but
you can do other traditions as well. It worked pretty well. The
biggest thing is you have to find what your troupe will be interested
in, or they'll not have any fun.

Love the title even if it does bring to mind Clockwork Orange (still
can't listen to "Singing in the rain"). What I was contemplating was
a scenario that would ultimately be about Ascension but that wasn't
immediately obvious as such (maybe have them start out investigating
strange dissappearances and ultimately find out it was individuals
ascending). But I haven't picked up the official WW ascension book
since several reviews paint it as Mage: The Apocalypse, which wasn't
what I had in mind. So I was looking for ideas to plagarize if anyone
else had run something more in a contemplative vein.
Eh, I'll figure something out.
Thanks, Eric.

ewilley@winco.net (Eric Willey) wrote in message news:<416603a3.29669901@news.winco.net>...
> Hey hey:
> I was just wondering if anyone had run any of the ascension scenarios
> in the mage book, or even a homebrewed one, and how it turned out.
> Eric

I used the playtest for Judgment to end my Mage game. It was
originally somewhat longer and included a meeting with The Computer.
It went pretty well.

M.

The Ascension book has info on building your own scenarios so you can do
it how you want to, and not follow the scenarios that are actually
printed in the book

In article <10moc23fjbfsvfa@corp.supernews.com>, "Jinx D. Jeztor"
<jinxdjester@charter.net> wrote:

> The Ascension book has info on building your own scenarios so you can do
> it how you want to, and not follow the scenarios that are actually
> printed in the book

But is it info about building the end of the world, or building
different kinds of Ascension?

--
Tyler

u d e t o d r y s t a n o i d f t