Anyone run an ascension scenario?

Hey hey:
I was just wondering if anyone had run any of the ascension scenarios
in the mage book, or even a homebrewed one, and how it turned out.
Eric
5 answers Last reply
More about anyone ascension scenario
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Eric Willey wrote:
    > Hey hey:
    > I was just wondering if anyone had run any of the ascension scenarios
    > in the mage book, or even a homebrewed one, and how it turned out.
    > Eric

    I ran an alternate setting for Mage that I called Clockwork. It was an
    Edwardian styled setting that was based mostly around Sons of Ether, but
    you can do other traditions as well. It worked pretty well. The
    biggest thing is you have to find what your troupe will be interested
    in, or they'll not have any fun.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Love the title even if it does bring to mind Clockwork Orange (still
    can't listen to "Singing in the rain"). What I was contemplating was
    a scenario that would ultimately be about Ascension but that wasn't
    immediately obvious as such (maybe have them start out investigating
    strange dissappearances and ultimately find out it was individuals
    ascending). But I haven't picked up the official WW ascension book
    since several reviews paint it as Mage: The Apocalypse, which wasn't
    what I had in mind. So I was looking for ideas to plagarize if anyone
    else had run something more in a contemplative vein.
    Eh, I'll figure something out.
    Thanks, Eric.

    On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 20:40:54 -0500, "Jinx D. Jeztor"
    <jinxdjester@charter.net> wrote:

    >I ran an alternate setting for Mage that I called Clockwork. It was an
    >Edwardian styled setting that was based mostly around Sons of Ether, but
    >you can do other traditions as well. It worked pretty well. The
    >biggest thing is you have to find what your troupe will be interested
    >in, or they'll not have any fun.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    ewilley@winco.net (Eric Willey) wrote in message news:<416603a3.29669901@news.winco.net>...
    > Hey hey:
    > I was just wondering if anyone had run any of the ascension scenarios
    > in the mage book, or even a homebrewed one, and how it turned out.
    > Eric

    I used the playtest for Judgment to end my Mage game. It was
    originally somewhat longer and included a meeting with The Computer.
    It went pretty well.

    M.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    The Ascension book has info on building your own scenarios so you can do
    it how you want to, and not follow the scenarios that are actually
    printed in the book

    Eric Willey wrote:
    > Love the title even if it does bring to mind Clockwork Orange (still
    > can't listen to "Singing in the rain"). What I was contemplating was
    > a scenario that would ultimately be about Ascension but that wasn't
    > immediately obvious as such (maybe have them start out investigating
    > strange dissappearances and ultimately find out it was individuals
    > ascending). But I haven't picked up the official WW ascension book
    > since several reviews paint it as Mage: The Apocalypse, which wasn't
    > what I had in mind. So I was looking for ideas to plagarize if anyone
    > else had run something more in a contemplative vein.
    > Eh, I'll figure something out.
    > Thanks, Eric.
    >

    > On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 20:40:54 -0500, "Jinx D. Jeztor"
    > <jinxdjester@charter.net> wrote:
    >

    >>I ran an alternate setting for Mage that I called Clockwork. It was an
    >>Edwardian styled setting that was based mostly around Sons of Ether, but
    >>you can do other traditions as well. It worked pretty well. The
    >>biggest thing is you have to find what your troupe will be interested
    >>in, or they'll not have any fun.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    In article <10moc23fjbfsvfa@corp.supernews.com>, "Jinx D. Jeztor"
    <jinxdjester@charter.net> wrote:

    > The Ascension book has info on building your own scenarios so you can do
    > it how you want to, and not follow the scenarios that are actually
    > printed in the book

    But is it info about building the end of the world, or building
    different kinds of Ascension?

    --
    Tyler

    u d e t o d r y s t a n o i d f t