Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Gtx 670 Low FPS RMA?

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Gtx
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
September 21, 2012 10:54:33 PM

My specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 975 @4ghz
GTX 670 FTW
HX750 PSU
8GB Kingston Hyper X (4x 2gb)
MSI 970A-G45 Mobo
500gb Caviar Blue Western Digital 7200rpm HDD

I feel like my card isn't doing its job i know that the 975 isn't a great cpu and i plan on getting a 2500k in the future but still im getting some pretty low frames for what my settings are compared to some of the videos and benchmarks ive seen this card push out. I did some tests in caspian and was seeing some 45 drops and when on a rock between a and c looking at D i was getting 51-55 FPS. When i tested death valley im usually always at 45 and i really dont know if this is normal or if my cpu is really just that terrible or maybe i should rma it. My settings in game are all Ultra with No AA and No Post AA 1920 x 1080

More about : gtx 670 low fps rma

September 22, 2012 12:33:31 AM

playing more on death valley and i lowered it to high no aa or anything again and its still running 43-60 and then i lowered it to medium and im STILL getting 45s....so this must be my proccessor right?
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 12:37:42 AM

a 670 FTW will only get 60-75fps on ultra and 1080p
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 22, 2012 12:46:41 AM

Alright so then why am i going down into the 40s?
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 12:49:19 AM

Samaska said:
Alright so then why am i going down into the 40s?

i fordet to mention that mine is overclocked i think my average before overclocking was 45fps
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 12:53:07 AM

hm..whats your overclock at ? i may up mine then. im just still curious if my proccessor is causing some of these issues..i mean if i turn on AA the game freaks out and goes even lower and the fact that even on high and medium i get 45 frames is just a bit strange.
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 12:54:31 AM

Multiplayer BF3 takes up a LOT of CPU usage, I believe the phenom processor even at 4Ghz is being stressed enough to lower the framerate slightly.
Try playing single-player maps and check your FPS, should be higher FPS.

Samaska said:
hm..whats your overclock at ? i may up mine then. im just still curious if my proccessor is causing some of these issues..i mean if i turn on AA the game freaks out and goes even lower and the fact that even on high and medium i get 45 frames is just a bit strange.


This is near solid evidence that it is a CPU bottleneck, the overall CPU usage is essentially uneffected by changing graphics options.
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 12:55:03 AM

azathoth said:
Multiplayer BF3 takes up a LOT of CPU usage, I believe the phenom processor even at 4Ghz is being stressed enough to lower the framerate slightly.
Try playing single-player maps and check your FPS, should be higher FPS.

Ill do that right now
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 1:08:42 AM

azathoth said:



This is near solid evidence that it is a CPU bottleneck, the overall CPU usage is essentially uneffected by changing graphics options.


Well im gonna do a fraps benchmark of sword breaker and see what it does but i guess ill never buy an amd proccessor ever again thats for sure...
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 1:18:02 AM

Samaska said:
Well im gonna do a fraps benchmark of sword breaker and see what it does but i guess ill never buy an amd proccessor ever again thats for sure...


This is one of the specific cases where a good intel processor severely outpaces an AMD processor due to how heavily multiplayer relies on CPU.

I have a GTX 480 and an I7-930 at 4Ghz, and I get substantially higher framerates with a lesser GPU.
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 1:18:30 AM

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
25534, 369238, 39, 125, 69.153

That's on sword breaker for a little while all ultra and 4x msaa no post aa though and 1080P..i was getting 40s quite a bit in the car part
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 1:24:10 AM

Samaska said:
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
25534, 369238, 39, 125, 69.153

That's on sword breaker for a little while all ultra and 4x msaa no post aa though and 1080P..i was getting 40s quite a bit in the car part

those frame seem ok
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 1:25:12 AM

if you want to overclock the gpu then i would say to boost the core clock to 1050
m
0
l