Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need advice on this rig!!!

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 17, 2012 8:29:23 PM

CPU Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core £166.16

Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 £102.92

Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 £30.96

Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM £52.78

Video Card Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB £340.55

Case Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower £47.98

Power Supply OCZ 550W ATX12V £63.98

Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer £14.99



on baf3 especially what i would get??on ultra SP and MP???....resolution 1080.....any other game just high settings

More about : advice rig

November 17, 2012 9:02:15 PM

A 7970 will handle everything you can throw at it for several years. That build looks pretty decent but I'd switch out the case and PSU. What's your budget? I can suggest parts if I knew that.
Related resources
November 18, 2012 7:50:12 AM

g-unit1111 said:
A 7970 will handle everything you can throw at it for several years. That build looks pretty decent but I'd switch out the case and PSU. What's your budget? I can suggest parts if I knew that.



82o pounds.....
November 18, 2012 7:53:12 AM

820 pounds MAX....i was told that its a good case and i dont want croosfire/sli just updatemy gpu when its time
November 18, 2012 5:43:02 PM

andreas_vak said:
820 pounds MAX....i was told that its a good case and i dont want croosfire/sli just updatemy gpu when its time


Zalman is a brand that people either really like or really hate. Their coolers are not the greatest and most of their cases use a lot of cheap plastic. For that budget I would suggest something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£169.37 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler (£36.92 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£119.24 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£55.00 @ Ebuyer)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (£303.20 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case (£64.69 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£70.15 @ Scan.co.uk)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£14.99 @ Novatech)
Total: £833.56
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-18 19:43 GMT+0000)
November 19, 2012 7:10:56 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Zalman is a brand that people either really like or really hate. Their coolers are not the greatest and most of their cases use a lot of cheap plastic. For that budget I would suggest something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£169.37 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler (£36.92 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£119.24 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£55.00 @ Ebuyer)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (£303.20 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case (£64.69 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£70.15 @ Scan.co.uk)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£14.99 @ Novatech)
Total: £833.56
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-18 19:43 GMT+0000)









ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.

is this a problem??
!