HP DV6 7690m 2nd Monitor

So recently i got a BSOD and I had to reinstall my gfx card driver and I hooked up my 2nd monitor again. I use my 2nd monitor as my main monitor and now half the screen is cut off. The bottom half is jut black and I can see my mouse on it. But, nothing else can be seen at all except my cursor on the bottom half of the screen. The screen works fine if I'm only using that one, but one I use both in the extended option the problem occurs. Any suggestions?

Specs:
HP DV6 1080p display
Radeon HD 7690M
8 gb ram
i7 2670qm
1 answer Last reply
More about 7690m monitor
  1. hieumungous said:
    So recently i got a BSOD and I had to reinstall my gfx card driver and I hooked up my 2nd monitor again. I use my 2nd monitor as my main monitor and now half the screen is cut off. The bottom half is jut black and I can see my mouse on it. But, nothing else can be seen at all except my cursor on the bottom half of the screen. The screen works fine if I'm only using that one, but one I use both in the extended option the problem occurs. Any suggestions?

Specs:
    HP DV6 1080p display
    Radeon HD 7690M
    8 gb ram
    i7 2670qm

hieumungous,

Did you ever get your issue with the lower half being black when try to use extended option? I have a dv6 that I purchased last April with the same problem. I have the lates BIOS and AMD CCC Driver and does not resolve the issue when try to extend onto the second monitor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Blue Screen Hewlett Packard Monitors Graphics