Win7 recognizing my display as Generic-non PnP

So, Windows 7 can't identify the manufacturer, or anything, so I don't have access to the display software that allows me to adjust anything. I changed the Res to 1920x1080, and now all of my screen isn't even being used. It said that native was 800x600. I downloaded the graphics card drivers, restarted and nothing changed. This is the new GTX 660 (non-Ti), by the way.
2 answers Last reply
More about win7 recognizing display generic
  1. Look around the monitor for the model number. Google the model number example, Hp 2511x driver. Download the driver and run it. Somtimes windows 7 will bring up a screen that trys to tell you the driver is not right push install anyway.
  2. So I had the same problem with on of my monitors, im running eyefinity 6 (go figure all the monitors but one are fine) so after an hour of trouble shootng and trying different things i finally found the solution. Go into device manager and uninstall the non-pnp monitor by right clicking it. Then just detach the able fromt he card and wait 5 seconds and reattach the cable, Finnaly stop Pulling you hair out;) Hope this works for ya.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Windows 7 Graphics Displays