Computer Shuts down

June 26, 2004 12:21:34 AM

Hello all,
I have a problem I don't understand. Ever
since I installed windows xp on my computer my computer
shuts down on its on from time to time. Can anyone
explain this to me. Tell me what I can do to fix it. I
would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can give
me. Thank You!

More about : computer shuts

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 26, 2004 3:24:56 PM

Does it restart immediately or do you have to wait a while before you can
boot? If you have to wait a while, it would indicate an overheating
problem.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Blessed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> I have a problem I don't understand. Ever
> since I installed windows xp on my computer my computer
> shuts down on its on from time to time. Can anyone
> explain this to me. Tell me what I can do to fix it. I
> would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can give
> me. Thank You!
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 26, 2004 5:24:32 PM

A little more information would be helpful....like when it shuts down, do
you get any messages? Have you scanned for viruses?

"Blessed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> I have a problem I don't understand. Ever
> since I installed windows xp on my computer my computer
> shuts down on its on from time to time. Can anyone
> explain this to me. Tell me what I can do to fix it. I
> would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can give
> me. Thank You!
Related resources
June 26, 2004 6:23:00 PM

Hi,
My computer shuts down compelety when I am not using it
for a while. No messages appear. It just shuts down. I
have to turn it on as if I turned it off myself. I scan
for viruses everyday. It's strange that it started
happening when I installed windows xp.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 8, 2004 2:05:45 PM

Probably its going to hibernate mode only ... check settings for hibernation
and hard disk power

!