Computer Shuts down

Hello all,
I have a problem I don't understand. Ever
since I installed windows xp on my computer my computer
shuts down on its on from time to time. Can anyone
explain this to me. Tell me what I can do to fix it. I
would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can give
me. Thank You!
4 answers Last reply
More about computer shuts down

    Does it restart immediately or do you have to wait a while before you can
    boot? If you have to wait a while, it would indicate an overheating
    problem.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Blessed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    > I have a problem I don't understand. Ever
    > since I installed windows xp on my computer my computer
    > shuts down on its on from time to time. Can anyone
    > explain this to me. Tell me what I can do to fix it. I
    > would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can give
    > me. Thank You!
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    A little more information would be helpful....like when it shuts down, do
    you get any messages? Have you scanned for viruses?

    "Blessed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    > I have a problem I don't understand. Ever
    > since I installed windows xp on my computer my computer
    > shuts down on its on from time to time. Can anyone
    > explain this to me. Tell me what I can do to fix it. I
    > would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can give
    > me. Thank You!
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Hi,
    My computer shuts down compelety when I am not using it
    for a while. No messages appear. It just shuts down. I
    have to turn it on as if I turned it off myself. I scan
    for viruses everyday. It's strange that it started
    happening when I installed windows xp.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Probably its going to hibernate mode only ... check settings for hibernation
    and hard disk power

    "Blessed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    > I have a problem I don't understand. Ever
    > since I installed windows xp on my computer my computer
    > shuts down on its on from time to time. Can anyone
    > explain this to me. Tell me what I can do to fix it. I
    > would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can give
    > me. Thank You!

Drivers Computers Device Driver Microsoft Windows XP