HELP ME BUILD AN $825 AMD GAMING PC PLEASE

Tags:
  • Build
  • Gaming
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
November 18, 2012 12:57:38 AM

I have little to no knowledge of how to build computers so I was hoping I could have builds recommended to me. I need everything besides a monitor, mouse, and keyboard. Please try to show me the build on pcpartpicker.com through a link.

Approximate Purchase Date: Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Budget Range: 825.00(before shipping) US$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surging

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, TigerDirect, any trusted US website

Parts Preferences: What ever gets me the most powerful and graphically pleasing

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe/I will be maybe 1 -2 years after

Additional Comments: I want to make sure what I get isn't going not bottleneck or run into any compatibility issues. Also, I want this gaming rig to play essentially any game you can throw at from League of Legends, Diablo 3, Call of Duty, and other titles yet to be released. Please do not go over $825.

More about : build 825 amd gaming

a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2012 1:27:02 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.98 @ NCIX US)
Memory: AMD Entertainment Edition 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($11.11 @ Amazon)
Memory: AMD Entertainment Edition 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($11.11 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($217.55 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Green 530W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $695.68
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-17 22:26 EST-0500)

Hi, my friend. This is an AMD build.

Intel currently is better in gaming but AMD is decent but not as good, tell me if you want to get an Intel build.
m
l
Related resources
November 18, 2012 1:40:13 AM

I was recommended by a friend who said that AMD video cards are better than Intels. To me it doesn't really matter as long as this computer is capable of playing essentially any video game.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2012 1:50:55 AM

^ I would argue that although an Intel build is better, it is better for higher budget. Honestly, per your budget, I'd go AMD just because the Piledriver chips are pretty good. I only say this because Windows takes up a portion of your budget. Honestl the 7950 w/ a FX-8320 is more than enough for gaming and your daily apps. Plus you'll be able to overclock if you want in the future, as well as have access to future chip upgrades such as Steamroller which will use the same socket of AM3+ and expect to have up to a 10-15% increase in performance like Piledriver from Bulldozer. If true, it'd save you money upgrading slowly and you wouldn't have to buy another motherboard likke you would for Intel's Haswell and next chips.

Shoiuld be noted with the 10-15% Steamroller will be at the performance of Ivy Bridge if not higher.
m
l
November 18, 2012 1:55:37 AM

cutebeans and aznshinobi, could you please tell me if your builds would be able to handle all of my gaming needs and future titles.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2012 2:07:03 AM

Yes, both the builds will be able to handle it.

I think you are mistaken. Intel makes CPUs and AMD makes CPUs and GPUs. AMD and Nvidia are the only video card makers here and Intel does not make em.

Intel CPUs are better at gaming > AMD CPUs
AMD GPU > Nvidia right now for price and value.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2012 2:42:36 AM

velliott5060 said:
cutebeans and aznshinobi, could you please tell me if your builds would be able to handle all of my gaming needs and future titles.

As stated, both builds would be fine.

Intel CPUs are indeed better than AMD's but mainly in gaming and slightly on the multi-thread depending on the app. However in terms of price, the FX-8320's value is pretty solid specially as it can OC and the $10 more i5 3450 can't.

As for GPUs, AMD as stated, right now makes better ones than Nvidia per pricing.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2012 3:56:53 AM

cutebeans said:
Yes, both the builds will be able to handle it.

I think you are mistaken. Intel makes CPUs and AMD makes CPUs and GPUs. AMD and Nvidia are the only video card makers here and Intel does not make em.

Intel CPUs are better at gaming > AMD CPUs
AMD GPU > Nvidia right now for price and value.

It is not true that intels cpu's are universally better for gamers .
Intels cpu's often make higher fps at low resolutions but this is not a good test of how well they perform in a typical 1080p gamer set up

The AMD 8320 will match the performance of the intels in any single graphics card rig at 1080p and its generally cheaper too
At very high image settings with a lot of post processing [AA, AF ] even the older FX 8150 can out perform the best intel sandybridge processors .
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1285/pg1/amd-fx-8...
http://www.pureoverclock.com/Review-detail/combo-review...

And the FX has an even higher advantage when you are online gaming and other services like your AV and firewall are demanding cpu cycles

The OP should build with an AMD processor
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2012 4:38:39 AM

o.m.g.

How did I never think of those high res benchmarks... damn.
m
l
!