Sign in with
Your question

Please help, SLI not working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 22, 2012 5:38:01 AM

sup, all im trying to SLI me dual Geforce GTX 550ti cards but don't have the option for SLI in Nvidia control panel. My specs are AMD Phenom X61090T processor, 8GB DDr3 RAM, 750 Antec PSU, an M4a7xtdevo mobo. I have tried everything from reinstalling the drivers, seating the cards, trying one at a time (both work fine) but to no avail. Both cards are listed i device manager and there are no conflicts. I even tried reformatting windows and installing them again but it still won't work. The SLI bridge is also connected properly. In some forums that I rea people were saying my mobo doesn't support SLI, but I find that hard to believe because it has 2 PCIE slots and the SLI bridge fits perfectly. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Also, I'm due for an upgrade soon so any suggestions on upgrading would be appreciated. But please help me solve this problem, Thanks!

More about : sli working

a c 175 U Graphics card
September 22, 2012 6:01:56 AM

LOL, how does the SLI bridge fitting on the cards mean the motherboard supports SLI?

SLI and CF both need to be supported at the chipset level. This means if the board doesn't support CF/SLI, its not going to work. If people said your board doesn't support SLI then thats your problem. It probably does support CF as thats more common. Sell your cards and move to AMD. (or a bigger/better single card which is a better idea most of the time.)
m
l
September 22, 2012 6:14:28 AM

ajice1980 said:
sup, all im trying to SLI me dual Geforce GTX 550ti cards but don't have the option for SLI in Nvidia control panel. My specs are AMD Phenom X61090T processor, 8GB DDr3 RAM, 750 Antec PSU, an M4a7xtdevo mobo. I have tried everything from reinstalling the drivers, seating the cards, trying one at a time (both work fine) but to no avail. Both cards are listed i device manager and there are no conflicts. I even tried reformatting windows and installing them again but it still won't work. The SLI bridge is also connected properly. In some forums that I rea people were saying my mobo doesn't support SLI, but I find that hard to believe because it has 2 PCIE slots and the SLI bridge fits perfectly. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Also, I'm due for an upgrade soon so any suggestions on upgrading would be appreciated. But please help me solve this problem, Thanks!

All you had to do was look up the motherboard manual. The manual states the board supports crossfire not sli, so you need two ati cards.
m
l
!