What Tools, Tool Kit and Testing Supplies before PC Build

JKrollDesign

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
So I am starting a new build.

I ordered a Cooler Master HAF-X Blue Edition but this is not another one of the million posts about what hardware I should get...

Before I starting building this new PC I want to have all the little nick-nacks, tools and testing equipment BEFORE. You may be asking why I would want testing tools (such as power supply testers) when I am buying brand new parts.... Well, I built another PC about 6 years ago which is way out of date and pretty much dead so while I build my NEW machine, I also want to test the old one and see what's wrong, what's needed and maybe rebuild it as well.

I have basic tools such as phillips and flathead screwdrivers, antt-static gloves and wrist strap, and compressed air. I don't know all I need so please feel free to post (or add ) to my list of what I'm looking for:

- Power tester for Power Supply.
- Power tester for Motherboard.
- Power tester for anything else that needs tested.
- Some kind of a tool kit for assembling the PC.
- A kit for "wiring", to be able to neatly organize my cords and maybe sleeve them.
- Sound deadening supplies.
- Anti-Vibration kit, for fans, bolts and what not.
- Whatever else I need....

The 3 sites I've been looking at for small parts are (1)performance-pcs.com. (2) frozencpu.com. (3) moddiy.com, which seems to have to most little nick nacks like I was looking for, only thing with their site is everything in in various cord and bolt sizes which I won't know until I start building so obviously those items will have to wait. As for anything else I'd like to get now. Please let me know about my list of which and where to get these items, (ie. where I can find the best power tester... who sells the most reasonable PC tool kit...)

Thanks

g-unit1111

Titan
I have basic tools such as phillips and flathead screwdrivers, antt-static gloves and wrist strap, and compressed air. I don't know all I need so please feel free to post (or add ) to my list of what I'm looking for:

- Power tester for Power Supply.
- Power tester for Motherboard.
- Power tester for anything else that needs tested.
- Some kind of a tool kit for assembling the PC.
- A kit for "wiring", to be able to neatly organize my cords and maybe sleeve them.
- Sound deadening supplies.
- Anti-Vibration kit, for fans, bolts and what not.
- Whatever else I need....

You really honestly don't need any of this stuff. I've built dozens of PCs and never had the need to test the power supplies before the first boot. Tool kits are pointless to purchase - the only thing you need is a good screwdriver and that's about it. I've never had to use anti vibration kids, sound deadening kits (I don't know what this is), anti static wrist straps, that's all just stuff you don't need to spend money on. Either your PC works or it doesn't.